“Great lunch or just coffee place.”
Review of Keystone Cafe

Keystone Cafe
Ranked #13 of 33 Restaurants in Coupeville
Reviewed 12 October 2017

They have the BEST fish & chips on the island. The coffee is always fresh and the service is friendly in their relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank bikerbear2017

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We had a quick lunch of clam chowder and fries. The service is quick and friendly. The chowder was good and the fries were great. Worth a visit especially on a cold day, cosy little diner.

1  Thank FC96
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Friendly and nice place to sit. We had fish and chips, which was unremarkable but enjoyed it anyway. No where else to go at the Coupeville ferry terminal!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We were delayed a ferry and though wed grab a quick bite. What a mistake. Its a cute little coastal looking place with great decor of old fishing pictures a and such. Just don't eat there.

Its quit a shame I feel for the young people working there. They were outgoing and friendly doing the best they can do I am sure.

This place lacked direction from a chef that takes pride in his work and or management and it showed.

There is a possibility I am food snob from Canada and I am being unfair to what is acceptable in US but that would be insulting to those that live there there. This place is not better than a high school and cafeteria on bad training day.

My wife had the over cooked fish and chips, I had a roast beef panini with dollar fries, and my daughter had the chicken strips. Lets just say my daughter's chicken strips and wife's fish tasted like they were from a no-name frozen food corner store. They were low quality and cooked in old oil( not bad oil but tasted like they filtered it the from the day before)
My panini was on white wonder bread with 2 slices of no-name brand packaged roast beef, 1 Kraft single processed cheese and 4 thin slices of red onion , one side had a sauce that suspiciously resembled Kraft thousand island dressing. All grilled up to look like a panini in sheep's clothing.

Now as a chef I can see through allot of culinary misgivings but this was horrid I tried to like it a bit. I had 3 bites, My wife said I should take it back but it was lined up out the door and looking back I wanted to be a polite Canadian and not make a scene.

If there was a redeeming factor and you had to eat there just order their round fries, they were ok and just hope the oil is fresh that day? Oh and most people just came in for the ice cream, apparently it s good???

This place would not last 2 months if it depended on local and return customer. Instead I felt like I was caught in a tourist trap, one that I would never return to.

To add insult to injury it cost us $37US to have this experience price also included
drinks.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The wife and I exploring Whidbey Island and visit the State parks. Ran into Keystone Café. Its lunchtime and we're hungry. Ordered fish and chips. Tasted good but did like those "House Chips" Very satisfied and filled us up. Had to hike off that full stomach! Willing to show up again.