1,297 results
All reviews whitebark restaurant white bark self parking heavenly bed window seat studio suite starbucks coffee glass of champagne resort fee mini kitchen stove top hotel restaurant gas fireplace kids club shuttle service flights of stairs beautiful resort
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I am a fan of Westin and this is no exception. This is probably the nicest of the hotels in Mammoth Lakes. It is located close to restaurants and shops. It has a gondola that goes right from the hotel to the mountain. This is great for peak season, but after about April 15, it shuts down along with many other lifts across the mountain due to seasonal staffing. You either have to drive to the mountain or take the shuttle. Our room was a King studio, but it was spacious and had everything we would need. As usual, the beds at Westin were comfortable. There was a kitchen, gas fireplace, table, pull out couch and window seat. Overall, this is a very nice hotel. The only issue we had which was minor was that the lobby does not have enough elevators. There are only 2 which were constantly full when we were trying to take our luggage down to the car. It took about 4-5 tries to get an empty elevator. Also, this is a pet friendly hotel so there are people there with their dogs.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank susan8531
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Susan,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We love our location in The Village as it is in the middle of everything Mammoth has to offer. It is not quite as easy to get to skiing once the gondola closes for the season as you mentioned, but I think that is offset by less crowds, allowing guests to enjoy the Mountain and town a little more.

We hope to see you again the next time you visit Mammoth Resorts!

Leisha Baldwin

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I've been staying at the Westin now for the past 3 ski seasons and it's still my lodging of choice in Mammoth. Do they have outstanding service? Not really, but it's the best game in town and really the only full service property in Mammoth. Valet, room service..you get it.

I tend to stay here during "off months" meaning really early or late in ski season due to the price hikes in peak season. I saw rooms as high as $700/night when I looked to book back in January. Yikes! That's more than I payed to stay at a 5-Star resort in Utah. Not worth it. But when prices are below $300 it's a fair stay.

I'd like to comment on my most recent stay which was in May 2018. I booked a Studio Room with a view. There were small things I noticed that were disappointing... First, there was a constant rumbling sound in my room as if the heater or air was always running, even after I turned everything off. The sound was worse inside the bathroom where the wall rumbled and made a ticking sound. I had maintenance take a look and they said they would try to fix it but nothing happened, and there was no follow up afterwards. Second, the closet had no hangers in it (was I supposed to bring my own?). Third, there were gummy bears on the floor near the dining table and dog kibble on the floor near the couch. Fourth, one of the light switches controlling the light over the dining table didn't work. Meaning the light wouldn't turn off at night. Maintenance responded quickly and was friendly but the best they could do was unscrew the bulb and take it out. Lastly, the room service menu in the room was a paper print out that was stapled. When I called to order food, almost everything I tried to order they didn't have. "You must be looking at an older menu" the person on the phone said. To boot, the breakfast I ordered was pretty bad. The eggs weren't made out of actual eggs but that stuff they pour from a carton. They were dry and tasteless...and $30 total. Pricey breakfast. Next time I'll head down to Schat's.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Skitrip377,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Monache. I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay, as are we.

Cleanliness is such an important part of a guest's stay, and I am embarrassed at the condition of the room you were given. Please be assured that is not our standard, or common for our Housekeeping and Engineering departments.

We are excited to be in the process of updating our in room dining menu, and were trying to make the implementation seamless to our guests, but reading your comments, I apologize that we failed in our attempt.

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and I hope we see you again when your travels bring you back to Mammoth Lakes. Please reach out to my office so we can ensure we take special care of you and provide the level of service we strive to provide our guests.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2018

This was our first time staying at the hotel. We are SPG members and stay quite frequently throughout the year at hotels within the SPG group. Although last year our first time to Mammoth in over 20 years we stay at the "Village Lodge" it was the only hotel that had rooms large enough with available dates that worked for us. In comparing the 2 hotels. Both have great locations. The Village Lodge has a little but better location just because it sit right in the Village. While the Westin is across the street and has lots of stairs. Really the stairs are the only negative in that way. They both have nice heated under ground parking. There were always lots of parking spaces at the Westin. This really made it easy. I found the staff at the Village Lodge to be kinda rude. I found the staff at the Westin to be pleasant just seem to be little under staffed. The rooms are a little smaller at the Westin. Kitchen and living area was smaller while the bedrooms were bigger than the Village Lodge. We cooked breakfast and dinner in our room. The only thing I could have use more cooking Utensils.The rooms seem pretty clean except my robe which I used to go to the pool was all stained. The pool and jacuzzi were nice. They even have 2 jacuzzi. There was TV's in the living room and both bedrooms. We had a beautiful view from our balcony. We were missing chairs on our balcony . The AC and heater worked great in the room. Our room was very nice and quiet. We are planning to go back in December again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Beverly,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us this month. Spring skiing in Mammoth is an awesome experience, and we're excited that we will be skiing until at least mid-June on the top of the mountain while operating our bike park on the lower half starting Memorial Day weekend.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback, and I will pass along your kind comments to our staff. We love our location in The Village! The stairs can at times be intimidating but so you know for your next visit, our shuttle drivers are more than happy to drive our guests to and from the gondola which helps especially if you are carrying ski equipment.

We look forward to seeing you next ski season!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Wonderful Experience at The Westin Monache Resort in Mammoth Lakes!The Hotel is very clean and the staff there did an excellent job accommodating us while we were there. A big thank you to Ryan Ernst for his great service!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Sally,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Westin Monache! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our staff, especially Ryan. Our team works diligently to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, and it's always nice to when they receive recognition from our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again at The Westin Monache when you return to Mammoth.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel but it is a very nice 3 star hotel and a great place to stay at Mammoth. New rooms, very comfortable beds and a nice restaurant. Well situated but a bit of a walk up the steps at the end of the ski day. Great for a ski stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Leisha B, General Manager at The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear MA92756,

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We love our location in The Village but understand the stairs can be a bit tiring, especially after day of skiing. We do offer shuttle service from the gondola (and around town) for those guests who wish to avoid the climb at the end of their day.

We hope to see you again at The Westin Monache.