“Hands down favorite special occasion restaurant”
Review of blue grillhouse

blue grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
blue grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 373 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 33
Description: Welcome to the "new" blue. You will be pleased to know that we continue to offer the premier cuts of steak and fresh seafood that you have come to expect as well as an eclectic blend of internationally inspired specialty dishes. Our new wine list features many classic favorites and artisan varieties. Gracious, expert service and our newly appointed dining room help create a truly memorable experience for dinner or lunch. Enjoy unique martinis, cocktails and cognacs in the relaxing bar. We are proud to introduce our new fire side dining room. You can look forward to our new alfresco high energy bar opening in April. Join us for happy hour from 5pm to 7pm Monday through Friday! blue is convenient to major highways leading from the Lehigh Valley, metro New Jersey, Philadelphia and the Poconos.
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Top notch service, food and atmosphere. Unlike many finer restaurants, Blue can satisfy a meat and potatoes type by offering quality cuts of meat that are perfectly but simply prepared without relying on frou-frou sauces or presentations. We recently tried the USDA PRIME NY Strip steak and the porterhouse, and we can't recommend them enough. The portions of the side dishes are large, and one side will definitely satisfy two diners.
Blue's atmosphere is just right...softly lit and classy, yet also fresh and interesting, with a variety of areas to choose from. It is quiet enough to enjoy a romantic dinner.
By the way, our mixed drinks were stiff! I will never ever complain about my drink being too strong.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Ordered the burger with blue cheese & fries, lobster bisque, salad & mangotini. All was very very good and the waiter very helpful and attentive. Décor was really nice. Chose a window seat so I could see - my only complaint is that the interior was very dark & difficult to see. Menu is varied with good selection & fantastic if you are a wine drinker. I felt like it was a business/yuppie place. Personally, I like the more relaxed atmosphere & prices of Bruno's down the street.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Blue was an outstanding choice for a restaurant on Saturday night, Mother's Day eve. The food was delicious the atmosphere is nice, but not stuffy and the entire staff were very professional while being very attentive. It's expensive, but definitely worth it. My son got the giant 32 oz Prime Rib (he's a big eater) and said it was the best he has ever had. it's a special on Saturday nights. That is quite a compliment since he is well traveled. I had the boneless beef short ribs and it just fell apart with a fork. So tender and delicious. My daughter likewise was very pleased with her choice of a smaller version of the giant Prime Rib. I was disappointed that they were able to seat us right away even though we were early. I was hoping to sit outside on the patio with the fireplace and have a drink.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Went today for lunch with my wife and our mothers, both of which are in their nineties. Staff was very nice on our arrival and assisted and held doors for my mother who moves slowly with her walker. Dishes were lobster bisque, flatbread with cheese, peppers, etc, duck breast and lunch salad with mozzarella, bacon and added chicken. Two people had the lobster bisque and liked it. $10 per bowl. Those two people shared the flatbread and said it was bland and the bread was very soggy. I had the salad. The dressing was essentially tasteless. My big gripe is that the chicken was dry, dry, dry. $14. My mother had the duck breast. The presentation was not real appealing. And the taste was similar. $17 for lunch portion. Two people had the creme brûlée for dessert and enjoyed it. Thumbs up for the lobster bisque and. Creme brûlée. Thumbs down for all the other foods. Total bill was $100. Price is subjective I guess. But when I spend $100 for lunch for four people, two people sharing the flatbread, one having salad, no alcohol, I want to be impressed. Didn't happen.

jbevacqua, Marketing Director at blue grillhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Hello Howie, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that some of your lunch dishes were not on par with the rest of our thumbs up cuisine! Please never hesitate to let your server know if a dish does not meet expectations. We always appreciate the opportunity to offer a correction or replacement for you that you will enjoy. I will be sure to share your feedback with our culinary team. We are so thankful to our guests for helping us learn where we can make improvements in any way we can, making your feedback very helpful.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Blue is consistently amazing. We ordered the Halibut and broccolini. Both were melt in your mouth perfection and I'm not even a big fish for dinner fan!