“Romantic Setting”
Review of blue grillhouse

blue grillhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
blue grillhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 372 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 33
Description: Welcome to the "new" blue. You will be pleased to know that we continue to offer the premier cuts of steak and fresh seafood that you have come to expect as well as an eclectic blend of internationally inspired specialty dishes. Our new wine list features many classic favorites and artisan varieties. Gracious, expert service and our newly appointed dining room help create a truly memorable experience for dinner or lunch. Enjoy unique martinis, cocktails and cognacs in the relaxing bar. We are proud to introduce our new fire side dining room. You can look forward to our new alfresco high energy bar opening in April. Join us for happy hour from 5pm to 7pm Monday through Friday! blue is convenient to major highways leading from the Lehigh Valley, metro New Jersey, Philadelphia and the Poconos.
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Looking for a lovely dinner or impressive atmosphere, this is the place. Several table settings offer a romantic evening. Menu items ordered individually. Prices are In the $$$$ range. Drink selection is good.

1  Thank lexus95

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We Went to Blue Grillhouse for an evening wedding reception and a brunch the next morning. All the food was good but nothing was out of this world. Maybe because it was for larger crowds. The service was Very good. My husband had a chicken dish and I had stuffed flounder. Both were tasty. I loved the decor!

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Expensive but we will be back. This is our fourth visit and every single part of the service was again quietly impeccable (and I include every single employee we saw for more then one second). Steaks were perfectly done and that includes all four of us with our steak orders ranging from medium rare to medium well (ugh), and all four were served right off the grill. I had the 14 oz sirloin which I expect to be a little tough, but it wasn't at all. In fact, I ordered it without a sauce, which makes it even more demanding on the cook to do it right, and it was perfect. Watch out for the menu, while it seems ordinary, the servings were quite inovative. Be sure to order a baked potato, it easily serves three people and be prepared for a surprise besides just the size.

1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed 24 August 2016

After dining twice at Blue a few years ago, I decided that the restaurant wasn't for me. Although the food seemed good, the noise level on both occasions was loud and unpleasant. I basically blacklisted Blue.

Three weeks ago, a friend of mine from Bahrain was visiting. While working in Qatar, he and I would go to a steak restaurant off and on as a change from Arabic or Indian food. He has high expectations for his steak. Reviewing my choices in the area, I reluctantly chose Blue based upon recent reviews. We went on a Sunday evening.

We were seated at a table far from the entrance. For some reason, only a few tables were occupied; it was quiet. My friend and I were able to engage in a conversation. Given this environment, we really enjoyed our meals -- steak for my friend along with sides of a huge baked potato and sautéed spinach and the prix fixe for me (Caeser Salad, grilled pork chop, and chocolate cake). I should add that if you enjoy a basket of bread, then Blue offers two slices each of herb bread, crusted white and wheat -- the most delicious bread that I have had in years. Of course, you can request more and olive oil as well.

The manager came around to ask about our experience. I mentioned the noise problem. She admitted that the restaurant can be noisy when full. She recommended to come between Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday also has a noisy bar crowd. She said to ask for a table in the room off the main dining area. Also, the wine cave seats diners and is quiet. She said that it is available when requested even for regular dining.

To test whether this particular Sunday was an anomaly, my wife and I took another friend there who was visiting us on a Monday evening. She is a particular foodie so the stakes were high. We were seated at a booth right next to where I sat three weeks previously. As predicted, voila, it was quiet. Furthermore, the food was again excellent -- our friend and I ordered the same prix fixe as before (I did ask for reduced salt on the grilled pork chop) and my wife, a salad and a starter. The prix fixe meal was so large that we brought home half of the pork chop and our pieces of chocolate cake. We also asked to take home the bread. Our waitress took our requests in stride commenting that many other diners go home with leftovers including the bread. (I subsequently found out that bread is from Tribeca Ovens in New Jersey and is available at Wegman's and Fresh Market for those in need.) The leftovers made for a wonderful meal the next day though the bread was not quite as good.

With these two wonderful evenings, I have put Blue back on our list of upscale restaurants to visit with friends and without them on occasion. My only caution is that if you want an evening with conversation go between Monday and Wednesday. The added bonus is the prix fixe menu for $30 -- it's like restaurant week every week.

1  Thank rky2
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Nice atmosphere pricing could be better and on lunches need to include sides not a place to go if have a time constraints took 2 hours for 4 people's lunch