“Very Good Thai”

Cuisines: American, French, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We had not been to the Cafe in a long while. I am happy to say my Chicken Pad Thai was very good- I really enjoyed that it had lots of vegetables and not a huge amount of noodles. Others got the Green Curry Chicken- although not served in your typical Thai restaurant presentation it looked and tasted good (per the 2 guys that got it). Not as big of a portion as other Thai restaurants but I think they overdo the rice anyway. My friends Shrimp Pad Thai was a bit disappointing as they used salad shrimp- which really is not great. Also salad shrimp ( very small and somewhat fishy tasting) were in the Mango salad and again I would rather have only 3 really nicely prepared shrimp than a bunch of salad shrimp.we finished off with some pecan pie. It was good, but could have been better. I would have liked some vanilla ice cream with it too (that is just a personal preference when I eat pecan pie). I would go back- they also had some nice sounding specials but I had my heart set on the Pad Thai (which I did think was better than many Thai restaurants I have been to- especially the Chicken which was moist and cooked perfectly).

Reviewed 4 January 2017

My partner and I have been coming here for years and love THE CAFE. The service is excellent, and the food is consistently very good. Their Thai dishes are the best in the region. Also, the home made desserts are outstanding. Yes, I wish they would change up their menu a bit and offer a few surprising specials, but everyone working there is wonderful and it is always a lovely meal out.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Old Victorian home is the right setting as an elegnt surround for a superb dining experience. Slow paced service allows plenty of conversation time and the surrounding hum of guests is not intrusive. Meals weer delightfully presented and delicious.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

The food is delicious..I had the chicken and it is out of this world.There was a pumpkin soup that was fantastic too. The portions have gotten smaller( chcken was smaller and not many potatoes on the plate) and you do not get the salad with your meal. It is expensive for what you get but the taste is very good. It is great for a special meal with friends but not somewhere you could afford to go to often.It is very quaint and the Christmas decorations are lovely so it is a nice holiday spot for us. I would give it 5 stars if you got salad and more on the plate.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I have been here twice for lunch. The ambiance is excellent. The food, not so much. The first time i had the Pad Thai. No taste. The second time I had the Red Curry Chicken. Exceedingly small portion and again no taste. It is fine as a non-challenging lunch with new business associates (or something similar) but nothing more.