“Good Turkish and Mediterranean Fare”
Review of Anatolian Kitchen

Anatolian Kitchen
Ranked #43 of 399 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2018

Last minute choice for a late lunch. Food was excellent. Service friendly. I forgot just how good babaganoush can be.My sister and I decided to give the Sigara Boregi (Cigarette Roll) a try. Very good. The lentil soup was nicely seasoned and light. My sister hesitated at the gyro having been disappointed in the past. She said it was one of the best ever. I have been in the mood for pizza. So, I opted for Lahmacun (Turkish Style Meat Pizza). It was great...ground lamb and chopped veggies on a very thin, nicely crisped flat bread. The tomatoes were tomatoes...not a sloppy sauce. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 12 October 2018

To start off, it's a BYOB and family run, a plus for us on both aspects. Not knowing what to expect my wife and I went there on a Monday evening. It wasn't crowded when we got there but till we left almost all the tables and booths were occupied. Being adventurous eaters we knew we were in for something unlike we've ever had before. For an appetizer we ordered the lentil soup to share, it was quite different and very enjoyable. My wife is not fond of lamb so she had to find something that would suit her for an entree. She ordered the falafel sandwich which she really enjoyed. I ordered the mixed grill, a combination of seasoned beef, chicken and lamb that came with bulgar pilaf and a salad. After our meal my wife ordered the baklava, she absolutely raved about it saying it was the best she's ever had. The service was good, a bit slow but we were told everything is cooked to order so slow service is understandable.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018

With just the two of us nowadays...the kids have left, we decided to have an early dinner. Saw the Anatolian sign and pulled in. We ordered the chicken platter, kuzu pirzola and shish kebab platter and two baklavas. We found the chicken season just right and the lamb very tender. Now the crowning glory was the baklava, many layers of goodness and the sweet taste of honey enhanced our visit. In all fairness, the wait was a little slow but the food made up for the wait. I would come back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Went there for dinner on a Friday night, 3 of us, and service was very very slow despite us going there before 5 pm. One of us just ordered a soup and a salad, and the other ordered just a small salad but was not told cheese was extra. Asked for hot spices, never came. Water was never refilled or even looked at. The overpriced desserts took a long time to arrive and so was the bill. There was nothing to take home but the bill was $80!! Pricey, slow service, inattentive waiters, small portions, disappointing.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018

I read the earlier reviews and was prepared to be disappointed. I wasn’t. The service was good. The food was good. The prices were reasonable. My only complaint was that it was so hot in there, despite the air conditioning. We shared an appetizer. My companion had chicken kebabs. I don’t remember the name of the dish I ordered, but it was a wrap of some sort (not a gyro). I will definitely go back, only not during the summer, I guess.

Date of visit: June 2018