Open today: 09:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Salted caramel to die for

Our family try salted caramel taste tests whenever we find a new chocolate shop. Hands down, so... read more

Reviewed 19 June 2018
cynthiarM749UJ
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
via mobile
Get Nonpareils!

They have the best Nonpareils and chocolate pretzels I have ever tasted. They can be a little... read more

Reviewed 14 June 2017
Courtney H
Orlando, Florida

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Homemade chocolate of every kind. They have beautiful foil covered leaves for Fall that are decorative and yummy. Friendly, knowledgable staff. Wonderful gifts to use with or without candies as a gift. Very large parking lot.

1  Thank SGTAS
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Josh Early chocolate candy is a hand made, all natural and no preservative added candy. I think it is probably the best chocolate candy in Pennsylvania. I have tried many hand made chocolate candies in PA. For me, hands down, Josh Early Chocolate Candy rises above the rest. Preservatives can give chocolate candy a very waxy, off taste. This chocolate candy never has perservatives and it makes a difference in flavor.
One time in a marketing class I took, we had to give presentations on a product we picked and highlight how it was marketed and advertised. I did a blind taste test as part of my presentation with the class (the class loved this presentation and I got an A for my presentation). Anyway, out of three hand made chocolate candies, Josh Early won the taste test by a wide margin.
If you want to impress someone wtih a gift, give them a gold-foil box of Josh Early truffles. I have given this gift many times and people really rave about the quality of the chocolate. What is great, also, is when you go to their Allentown or Bethlehem store; free samples are always available and you can request a taste test when you are selecting individual chocolates from the case.
This is my favorite hand made chocolate by far!

2  Thank 1naturegirl
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Let me set the tone by first stating that we've done our part over the years to support Josh Early Candies. Today I stopped in to the Nazareth Road store to purchase a "small" amount of candy for a birthday present. I was looking for a box, since a bag just wouldn't look right as a present. I was told that the smallest box held about a 1/2 pound. Ok, it was a bit more than I wanted, but I really wanted to have the box. I chose the contents from the case and when I felt the amount was sufficient to fill the box, the saleslady told me, "Oh, no. I can't let this box go like this." Apparently it wasn't filled to her satisfaction. To me, this was an absurd comment. So, rather than make the sale, sans one or two additional 'required' candies, she let me walk out empty-handed. I wonder if Management would approve? She may think she had control, but now we will never shop here again and you can bet that I will be letting everyone I know hear this story with the warning not to shop at Josh Early's. BTW, flowers made a beautiful substitution birthday present!

3  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Great chocolate but I almost fell over when I saw the price...getting my wife a gift was my mission so I bought some chocolate for about $20!!!! A small package....it was good but I wish I would have brought more from Switzerland! It was cheaper to fly home! LOL

Reviewed 14 January 2013

There are two or three in the area. The chocolate is very good. I would say ,much better than Godiva, definately. It gets very crowded during the holidays. Definately go here for your next indulgence.