“What I expected... great!”

The Bookstore Speakeasy
Ranked #34 of 399 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

My friend and I went out for drinks and were planning to go somewhere nice. Heard this was a nice place and decided that it would be worth the price for the atmosphere and quality of food/drink. We were served immediately and both had very good drinks that were well worth the price we paid. We also had an amazing cheese plate, that was a little overprice. Overall great trip, would go again.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 24 January 2018

We waited 30 minutes for someone to take our drink order and that was only after we flagged down a waitstaff. We waited and waited.... when food did arrive, my chicken was pink in places. Our reservation was for 6 and it was 8 when we got the check - no soup, salad, appetizers or dessert. They only brought us each one plate. To add insult to injury they added and 18% gratuity to our party of 5.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The atmosphere was exactly what you're looking for in a speakeasy - intimate, cosy, dark, with lots of interesting touches. The cocktails we had were all amazing, and the variety offered was excellent. The main dishes were very good, but the sides were a little overcooked.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Been here several times and wish they were closer to my area.
Drink selection is to die for,I love seeing drinks so different and not like the usual bar drink menu.
Servers are awesome and attentive.
Food is always different choice and we like the different mix of spices.
Music is always a treat and fits the place so well.

Parking would be my only issue ,there is limited parking in front of building,other parking available in area though.
Not a big place so if you do not like close quarters this may not be for you,We think it is fine.(our own opinion)
Bring your reading glasses because it is alittle dark but not bad you wont be tripping over things..
RESERVATIONS ARE NEEDED!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This is our favorite spot to celebrate anything special happening even if it’s just a celebration of our love! We are so excited to see they soon will be having brunch starting February 12th!!!! I can’t wait because it’s such a great way to try more of what they have to offer and the prices are reasonable and portions are generous!!! The cocktails are truly an art made from scratch always freshly squeezed and the bartenders are a master of this craft for sure! You definitely get what you pay for because these cocktails or not like anything you can compare too around here and really is more of a cocktail expected to be found in the city! This is truly a special place to be and I’m already planning on making reservations for brunch! Now, not only can we have a romantic evening there, but we can have a romantic weekend as well! I’m
So excited!