New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Place Bethlehem

Hyatt Place Bethlehem
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Bethlehem
New York City, New York
“Great Deal in a Good Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

As a frequent business traveler, I must say that the staff here is one of my favorites. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming, and often went out of their way to help me. The rooms are spacious, new, and very clean, and I really enjoyed the time I spent there.

Breakfast is nice, although I will say there were a few instances when I had to send back a few dishes that didn't seem thoroughly washed.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JMcDonald5501, Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
To hear that our staff is one of your favorites is the reason we are in business! Our staff really prides themselves on the customer service they exude to the guests, and to know that it is recognized is greatly appreciated by all! We are glad that you are a frequent guest to our hotel, and are so happy your business chooses our hotel for your lodging acommodations! We hope to see you again soon- thank you for your review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Was in town for an event and this all new hotel was a great treat. Though it's downtown, parking is simple (across the street) and area is quiet. The lobby restaurant area is wonderful for breakfast, a snack or a full meal. Room was plush, bed was so comfy and there was room for the kiddies. And the staff went out of their way to be friendly to the kids, and even helped them on a secret hunt for treasures that the hotel offers.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! Our downtown location is extremely convenient to our guests- and makes it easy to enjoy the town of Bethlehem. We are so glad that your children enjoyed our coin game! It's just as much fun for us to play the game with the children as it is for them to play for the surprise toy! We hope your family can return again soon and enjoy both the Hyatt Place, as well as, the town of Bethlehem!
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Place for two weeks during a business trip and every time I return I will be staying here! The entire staff was extremely friendly and fun. Jacqui, Jason, Sandra, and Pam especially went out of their ways to make me feel welcome every time I saw them. Since I was away from home for two weeks, I did start getting lonely, but they were more than happy to sit and chat with me when not helping other guests.

The room was gorgeous and spacious - I never felt claustrophobic or that I needed more space. The couch was super comfortable and the TV was great. It even had an HDMI port where you could hook your computer in and play Netflix through the big screen (which was a HUGE plus)

The shuttle service really made this stay absolutely complete for me. The drivers are super friendly and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area - if you want to know football stats or the best restaurants around, talk to Jack. Jim and Laurie are amazing shuttle drivers, too. They were always prompt, and if they couldn't be, for whatever reason, they made sure the hotel knew about how long they would be so you could call and ask whenever you needed. They were also very talkative and made the shuttle drive into the office as entertaining as possible.

THANK YOU EVERYONE AT THE HYATT PLACE FOR MAKING MY STAY IN BETHLEHEM AMAZING AND FUN-FILLED AND HASSLE-FREE.

-Ashley

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashley J
Ashley, thank you so much for the kind words! We have shared your review with our entire staff and it has truly made everyone's day! Everyone misses you and wishes you the best of luck with your company. We hope they send you on training again back in our area, so that we our staff can see you again! *Go Ohio State!* :-)

Have a great year!
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Planned a night away without going too far away for my birthday. Stayed at Hyatt Place in downtown Bethlehem. Convenient parking and the hotel covered the parking garage fees. Modern lobby and room. Staff was friendly, even the cleaning staff greeted us. Provided a travel size toothpaste which I have never seen before. My only criticism would be the temperature of the room. Was very warm & dry when we arrived. There were 2 sets of controls - one on the room unit and one on the wall - and not sure which to adjust. Eventually got it comfortable for us. Instructions would be helpful for future guests.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JMcDonald5501, Manager at Hyatt Place Bethlehem, responded to this review, 22 January 2012
Thank you for your review! We apologize for the inconvenience with your room temperature during your stay with us. We would also like to thank you for your suggestion in adding instructions to the room to know how to control the unit. We have placed a note on the unit itself explaining to please operate the unit from the wall thermostat. Hopefully this will eliminate any future mishaps in controlling the temperature to the room. Thank you again for your review, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We hope to see you again soon for a night out getaway!
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I know it may sound a bit dramatic, but if you'd read my review of the Comfort Suites on 3rd street, on the south side of Bethlehem, you would understand. We ended up here after that hotel lost electricity due to a FREAK blizzard in October!!! They were one of the few hotels with power.

It was sooooo much nicer than the Comfort Suites.. we should have stayed there in the first place!

Very modern design. Cool little lounge area right as you enter the hotel room, with a modern couch that wrapped around the edges of the room. The set-up was neat. The look was cool! The place HAD HEAT and LIGHTS (unlike the other one....) and the staff was very polite.

Definitely recommend it!! I would surely stay again!! If you want a comparison, please read my review on the Comfort Suites "University." It explains the story...

The Hyatt was a lifesaver! :) This is where we ended up spending out "wedding night." I put it in quotes because the 13" of *freakish* snow kind of prevented that from happening. Everyone else from our group who transferred to the Hyatt from the CS loved it too.

Room Tip: I'm not sure, we stayed in a regular room and it was wonderful! So, I think any room would be ni...