“Beautful and Romantic”

1741 on the Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
1741 on the Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 375 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Church Street
Transit: Public transit hub is 4 blocks from restaurant, LANTA 207 passes in front of the hotel.
Description: It is the desire of 1741 on the Terrace to engage you and invite you. Try something new or revisit something familiar; but above all, enjoy. Relax in the ambiance of the room, with its beautiful Moravian tile floor and soaring Palladian windows. Admire the charm of downtown Bethlehem with buildings and history dating back to 1741 when the town itself was founded. The menu changes seasonally, with locally-inspired dishes by Executive Chef Michael Adams. The wine list is extensive -- with many exciting options from America and around the world. Our experienced servers are also available to aid in your wine selection or suggest custom pairings to the menu items upon request.
Reviewed 10 August 2016

This is such a beautiful and romantic restaurant. Great place to go with friends or on a date night. The food and service are both excellent....

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We went to 1741 on the Terrace for my in-laws anniversary. This was my first time dining there and it was awesome. The 4 oz. filet was melt-in-your-mouth fabulous. My husband had the special - ahi tuna - and he said it was perfectly cooked and tasted great. The service was exceptional. My only negative would be the coffee -- it was lukewarm. I could have sent it back, but didn't. I would definitely go back here!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We have gone here many times for our aniversary dinner. They have the best salmon dinner I have ever eaten, compliments to the chef. We have never had a bad experience there. If your in town for Musik Fest it is worth eating there.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Where to start? The cocktails were great I highly recommend the cucumber gimlet (vodka for me)! Pair that with a local cheese tray enough for a taste for four. We also had the shrimp cocktail HUGE shrimp beautifully prepared!! The Caesar salad was flat.

Dinner should have been the highlight. I had the Char great flavor, hot and the risotto was amazing. My wine did not arrive until after I was finished with my meal.

The New York steak was over cooked and the asparagus did not arrive. Management did come over and assured us it was the lighting, not the the temperature. We did get another fully cooked steak however everyone else was done eating by the time the recook arrived

The sea scallops were ok, but cold

The other steak, a filet was also over cooked.

The terrace is beautiful setting and the ambiance is great. Our server, Stephanie did her best but you can't blame the server for an over cooked meal.

At $400.00 plus tip we should have been thrilled, unfortunately not the case. The highlight of the evening was the ice cream we got off the cute place next door!!

We won't be back...

1  Thank Donna M
Jessica P, Manager at 1741 on the Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear Donna M,
We sincerely thank you for posting your comments about your experience in 1741 on the Terrace. Publishing the positive with the negative is a testament to your appreciation of well prepared food and drink. Our sincerity extends to our apology as well. It is our goal that each guest leave our restaurant feeling as though their meal was a treat...special occasion worthy and we regret yours was not so. This matter has been discussed among management as well as with the executive chef. If you would like to re-open a dialog with us, please contact Ms. Kathleen Brown Director of Restaurant Operations.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

We had excellent meals and very interesting imaginative selections. The beet salad with asparagus was delicious. The filet mignon was done perfectly and the sides were also very good. Dessert (strawberry shortcake) was amazing. My husband had the salmon also served imaginatively, tasty and done to perfection. The wine selection was also very good. Our server, Stephanie was outstanding. Thanks for an evening of great food and super service!!!

Dear Katybud,

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review. Our Executive Che and his culinary team take a genuine interest in their craft. Our menu items are created to feature the quality ingredients used in each dish. The 1741 on the Terrace menu changes seasonally so, we invite you to return to see what is fresh and new.