“Good food and great service”

Habanero's Mexican Grill and Bar
Ranked #99 of 616 Restaurants in Bradenton
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

It was decided after a week of seafood on Anna Maria island that a change of pace was needed. Friends suggested Mexican, so we decided to try Habanero’s. Five out of the six dinners were great, one order of chicken fajitas was OK. The fajitas were loaded with chicken, however the vegetables were soggy and over cooked. The service was excellent, the waitress was very accommodating to special requests. We would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We were vising Bradenton, and craving Mexican.
We asked 2 police officers, and they HIGHLY recommended Habenaro's.
My dining partner had the Combination Platter and was quite impressed by it.
I ordered the Steak Fajitas, and was anything BUT impressed by them.
They were - in fact - among the worst Fajitas I have ever encountered.
The onions and peppers were both cooked beyond recognition, and devoid of ANY remaining flavor.
The steak was mostly charred, and had ZERO hint of any seasonings.
The refried beans and SCANT shredded cheese were a single watery globule on the side of the plate.
There really wasn't enough rice on the plate to form an opinion of.

I mentioned my displeasure to our server (Carolina), and she merely shrugged and walked away.

From the time we entered, there was an odor not unlike raw sewage.
I mentioned it to the manager, he said he didn't smell it, and walked away.
The folks in the booth next to us agreed that there was an odor about.
It was NOT coming from the restrooms.

We'll avoid a return visit - based upon attitude if nothing else.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We went there early and the food was decent but the service was horrible. Restaurant was clean but I would not make another trip there.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

This is a great Mexican restaurant. We were not disappointed. I liked the ambiance. Too many others overdo the decorations. This was nice. I ordered the Chimichanga specialty items of the house. Excellent. Great flavor. The beans and rice were perfect. The pico de gallo, sour cream and guacamole added to the great flavor. My wife ordered a combo meal with a taco burrito, Also excellent. Happy campers.

1  Thank pablocollier
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

It’s been about a year since we last visited and I’m glad to report that they haven’t lost their edge.
Unlike some other Mexican restaurants I’ve been to, my chicken fajitas actually had visible chicken on the plate. No magnifying glass needed. It was actually quite good.
Throw in $3.50.margaritas during happy hour, coupled with our 10% off coupon, we were very happy clientes!

1  Thank Francis M