“Decent seafood!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We were in FL on our family vacay. We were craving seafood and decided to try AMOB. We ordered the seafood poppers appetizer and catfish and clams entrees—all were very good. Clams were decent and catfish came out piping hot. Hubby tried the seafood gumbo and I had the lobster bisque. Lobster bisque was very flavorful and the gumbo had lots of shrimp and veggies. Although we were not super impressed— nothing to write home about, we would return for a quick bite when we return to the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed 29 June 2018

whenever I visit Florida I have to have some (okay, a lot) of oysters. Either on the half shell or fried. I visited the Anna Maria Oyster Bar for lunch this day to get my fill of fried Oysters. They were at market price which was about A$16 for a dozen of nicely sized fried oysters. My quench of oysters was satisfied.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We visit Florida one to three times a year and always go to Anna Maria Oyster Bar. It's the only place I know where my husband can order his favorite clam strips. Several times we have shared his order and we both have been satisfied with our meal. I always order an extra apple sauce. It is his favorite sea food and we love to go there for them. They are delicious. Recommended. We also like their Key Lime Pie better than most other places. Very tasty. Service is always friendly and good. Parking is easy.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

If you like oysters, they have them prepared a variety of ways. The restaurant isn’t very big but does have an old Florida feel to it and a great view of the river. The hush puppies are terrific and a great bargain too. We had some people who weren’t big seafood eaters and they had a hard time finding something that appealed to them.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Went with a large group, including children. Everyone was happy. From kids meals to the catch of the day, it was all good...