“I think this is the best we are going to get in term of Chinese in Sarasota”

Asia Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #133 of 630 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I ordered delivery, they were extremely nice on the phone and they brought everything nicely packaged, the steamed dumplings and fried dumplings were good but not the best I have had...don't get me wrong they were good..The Mongolian beef should be spicy and it was not but it was tasty. The egg fried rice was very good. I also ordered Singapore Mei Fun which in NYC they call Singapore noodles. they were also good.
I didn't give this place an excellent because its not excellent, however, this is the best Chinese I have had in Sarasota, and I will order or go there again.....

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Wow what a great place to eat if you want Asian food and lots of it, this place does not look like much from outside as it is just north of the airport on the West side of Tamiami and even the inside is simple but clean look for the giant Asia sign. We ordered the jumbo egg roll and it really is jumbo and made to a family recipe very yummy enough for two. Then the mains General Tso's Beef, Scallops and Chinese veggies and Shrimp and veggies all come with fried rice and with an order of Won ton soup and we had enough delicious food (very fresh ingredients) to feed 6 people and we were only three, prices are very reasonable for the amount of food. Bob and Susie were very humble and very nice to us. So I would highly recommend this restaurant, looking forward to going again and in case you are on the move they have take-out.

1  Thank 0258pilgrim
Reviewed 21 February 2017

reserved a large round table for nine and got it. very good service, good portions, varied menu. very large egg rolls. food was hot and good. plenty to share. ordered tea and got a pot and cups for two. more than enough.

1  Thank bob m
Reviewed 22 January 2017

My friend and I frequent this restaurant. The staff are very welcoming and provide great service. I have dietary restrictions and my friend does not. They are very willing to change menu items for me. The giant egg roll is gluttonously delicious. It has an extra outer layer of crunchy breading. You really should try it. Spicy Honey Peanut Veggies (they will add a protein for an extra couple dollars) and Shanghai Spicy Chicken are our favorite meals.

1  Thank indecisivewench
Reviewed 25 October 2016

I first tried Asia in 2013. It was excellent and had a Bhuddist Temple style bar off the main dining room. Unfortunately, when I went back in 2016 it had changed. The Chinese music was gone.The bar had been removed, the restaurant looked shabby, and the menu is strictly American-Chinese. I used to get Mala Lamb, to die for. The best choice when I went back was egg foo young, over cooked, little pork, dry, even though drowned in some weird gravy. I don't usually give poor reviews but Asia deserves it. If you are looking for decent Chinese food this is not the place for you. Run of the mill Lo-Mein? Maybe.