“Nice private dining room upstairs, good food”

Amber Rose Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 809 Restaurants in Dayton
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bickmore
Description: The Amber Rose Restaurant and Catering specializes in homemade Eastern European Cusine including German, Lithuanian, Polish, Hungarian, Russian and Italian cuisines. Our bar is made of imported Turkish marble, perfect for having an appetizer and spirits with friends. Our beer and wine lists consist of exemplary, hard-to-find European beverages. The building is located in the heart of Old North Dayton. We also specialize in custom catering to fit any of your needs. History of the Building The building, in which The Amber Rose Restaurant is located, was origionally built in 1910 by Sigmund Ksiezopolski. It ran as a general store and deli named Sig’s up until the early 1980′s. The family ran the general store downstairs and resided upstairs as their family quarters. The National Guard stayed with the family during the Great Flood of 1913. In 1989 Elinor Sluzas acquired the building with the intention of opening a restaurant. Before the scheduled grand opening there was a horrific fire and a portion of the building had to be rebuilt. The restaurant officially opened for businesss in 1990. Elinor may have retired but her recipes have stayed the same. Enjoy our homemade cuisines in our European Cafe inspired dining room. There are two private banquet rooms located in the building to host events or we can cater to any requested location. Quality catering and banquet services at our place or yours
Reviewed 7 December 2015

Although I've known of Amber Rose for quite some time, this was my first visit. I went as part of a group attending a Christmas dinner. The server was very informative and helpful and offered suggestions on portion size, appetizers, entrees, etc. For a large group (15+ people) she was the only server and service was good, orders were prepared correctly. Although the food was a big heavy for my tastes, it was very good and tasty. The potato pancakes and sauerkraut balls were great - I could have skipped the entree and had just the appetizers for a meal!

Reviewed 18 October 2015

We enjoyed our favorite Schnitzel (Jaeger and Hunters). ,
but we both committed how great are the sides at the Amber Rose .
The sauerkraut and potato pancakes were excellent.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

The local charm and the amazing food make this one of my Dayton favorites. You will not be disappointed in this local gem. I love the sausage!

Reviewed 30 September 2015

My friend and I went here for dinner the other night. The German Bier cheese was very good. I also ordered the Hunter Schnitzel and that was well done. I was very pleased by my experience here and would definitely go back.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

First visit and it was delicious! My husband had the Lithuanian sampler and I had the Warsaw medley. Both had a cabbage roll, sausage and sauerkraut. The difference was mine had potato pierogi and he had a beef dumpling (can't remember the name). It was hard to decide everything looked delicious. Prices were fair and the waitress was excellent. Loved it!

1  Thank Michelle H

Been to Amber Rose Restaurant? Share your experiences!