“One of the Very Best in the Area”

Oakwood Club Incorporated
Ranked #5 of 809 Restaurants in Dayton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The Oakwood Club is a great place to go for a special occasion or simply as a regular "go to" place of high quality. While prices might be a bit higher than most other restaurants, the prices are still reasonable and below those of a number of other comparable but pricier restaurants (e.g., a price of about $28 or so for top entrees vs $33 and much higher elsewhere, and everything is not ala carte). The food tends to be very good (steaks are popular, but I often find the lamb chops even better). Reservations are not accepted for groups less than six on weekends and the restaurant is often full or nearly so given its high quality. It is at times a bit too full and noisy if there is an event going on nearby, including at UD. People tend to dress a bit nicer - men from in jackets and at times ties down to decent collared shirts and decent pants; seldom see people in sloppy jeans, shorts, etc. Patrons are usually very nice although some excessive "Oakwoodian" snobbery can sometimes be in evidence (from our booth near the bar we once had to listen at length to two couples loudly attempting to out-brag each other about their possessions). Service is usually excellent and knowledgeable (and not with an attitude that they are almost doing you a favor to wait on you as sometimes happens at a competitor). Parking is reasonable right outside the front door or within 50-100 yards or so. The Oakwood Club is definitely one of the best in the area.

Lance S, Owner at Oakwood Club Incorporated, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you so much for such a kind review and we greatly appreciate your support!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We have been there many times and each time has been very good. I got the 2 petite filets and scallops and it was delicious. I also got their onion rings and they aren't shy with the portions. You aren't rushed through the meal and everything is delicious. I strongly recommend you try this restaurant if you haven't already...you will not be disappointed.

Lance S, Owner at Oakwood Club Incorporated, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you for choosing The Oakwood Club for your dining experience and the nice review!

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I returned to my home town of Dayton for a wedding, after moving away in 1982. My friend and I enjoyed a leisurely dinner, delicious on all accounts. I ordered the 9 ounce filet mignon, cooked perfectly, medium and flavorful. The stewed tomatoes and salad with house dressing were exactly as I remembered. That's no small feat. Consistency and superb service. Congrats, Oakwood Club!

We appreciate your business and kind review. Welcome back!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We retired in April, 2017 and treated our family to the Oakwood Club. We went again for my husband's birthday. The food is always great tasting and the service is also excellent. When they are crowded, the space can feel a little tight but it is worth it. Old style atmosphere with daily specials, a complete bar and a varied menu. Be sure to let the server know if you want something prepared differently, they are very accommodating. The steaks are excellent and so are the fish dishes.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We went here for an anniversary celebration. The food was very good. The service was adequate, maybe because it was very busy. The place is a bit cramped so not really romantic.

Been to Oakwood Club Incorporated? Share your experiences!