All reviews fresh strawberries eating area was clean front desk nights while visiting family past midnight shopping and dining options only real complaint room was clean hotel appears pack and play soccer tournament indoor pool would stay again recommend this hotel a great stay cleaning staff exercise room
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I have now stayed her twice in the last 4 months. Nice rooms. Clean. Lovely kind staff. For this stay my mother was in hospital and had surgery. I needed a place to stay and relax in between being back and forth from the hospital. The reason I chose this hotel again was because of the pool. But after I had paid for room took a nap went to go to pool to find out it was down for maintaince. This was soemthing I was looking forward to help relax after a stressful day. Need to post on your website when it's down. When that was one of the biggest reasons I chose to book her again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank amberg196
Briana W, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for your response. I apologize for the lack of communication regarding our pool, we definitely should have informed you ahead of time before you checked in that the pool was out of order and given you the option to either stay with us or to choose another property nearby with a working pool. We appreciate you choosing our property and will do better to make sure these things are communicated properly. Thank you again and we hope you will give us another chance!

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Iam so disappointed! I’m a night shift traveling RN. I tried getting a room for a few hrs sleep before my next shift. Was told I would have to pay for 1.5 days due to needing to check in early! Hello, I only need to use a room for a few hrs. I would check in and out on the same day. Iam so tired of poor customer service. I explained to the girl at the front desk my situation. I drove over 2 hrs to get to work last night, worked on an oncology unit where I took care of dying pts all night. All I want to do is lay my head down for a few hrs before heading back in. Iam exhausted, cold and hungry. Regardless of how upset Iam right now, I promise to provide you with compassion and great care if we were to ever cross paths....showing you exactly what great customer service should be like.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Briana W, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

skn5, I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I understand your situation and thank you for all you do as a night shift RN. However, it is policy that if a guest checks in before noon that they will be charged a half day and if they check out after 4pm without prior approval they will be charged for the night. The reason is because our housekeeping team does not stay that late and would not have been able to clean your room for another potential guest to use and so we would not be able to sell it. Again, I apologize.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

The staff was fine. Check in process was smooth. The rooms are tired. Mine stunk like a musty basement. I should have asked for another room but I thought the funk would clear if I ran the heat and or the AC. It did not. After two days of stank I left early for better digs.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Briana W, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you for your review! We apologize for the issues you experienced with us recently. We hope you will give us a second chance to provide you with a wow experience! Thank you again!

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We have stayed at this property several times. We keep returning because it is a consistently comfortable, clean hotel in a good location when we visit family. The price is usually competitive with lesser places nearby so we might as well stay somewhere comfortable, with complimentary breakfast, that recognizes my Marriott Gold Elite status.

The breakfast is nothing extraordinary but adequate. It is very heavy on the carbohydrates. There is a workout room and small indoor pool. I have never used either but they both look small but well-maintained.

The front desk staff was great this time. They brought extra pillows quickly when requested and even loaned me an ice scraper (from her own car) when we were leaving in the snow.

We will definitely return next time we visit the area

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank catdad
Briana W, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for the lovely comments and your loyalty. We will share this with our team to ensure continued excellent customer service. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Springhill has been my least favorite of the Marriott franchise, but this was an AMAZING EXCEPTION. Service was friendly, rooms where clean, good location, everything looked new. I was very happy. Only downfall is the gym appears smaller then most and not much in it.

Room tip: not sure on this one.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jestercrescent
Briana W, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you for the lovely comments. We will share this with our team to ensure continued excellent customer service. We look forward to seeing you again!