“Outing”

Ranked #7 of 826 Restaurants in Dayton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

The food is fresh tasty and wholesome
I was introduced to this restaurant by someone who owns a health food store and does not eat anything that is not organic

This is one of the few restaurants he selects to eat at. You enjoy your food better when you know that a health conoseur eats there.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I was traveling with my boss's boss from LA. We arrived to the restaurant after going to Meadowlark and realizing that they're not open on Mondays. It was 4:30pm when we sat down. There was one car in the parking lot and we were literally the only diners in the restaurant. We ordered the salmon and we're told we couldn't get it until 5pm. We checked our watches and asked her if an exception could be made. Our waitress explained it may not be an option, but she took the steps for us to ask anyhow. She returned with a no. I understand that food needs to be prepped for dinner, but I don't understand how two people in an empty restaurant can't have more than pasta, pizza, or a burger thirty minutes ahead of the restaurants scheduled time. I've been blown away by a burger in the past, but this burger certainly didn't do it. My colleague enjoyed his pasta. I'm undecided if it's worth another trip or not. I likely won't make the extra effort since they wouldn't for their customer. It was overall an awkward experience that left me feeling like they didn't appreciate my business.

1  Thank JLCM593
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Run by the same chef who operates the Meadowlark, the same quality and service are on tap at the Wheat Penny. Try their specialty pizzas and creative drink offerings and enjoy outdoor seating if the weather permits.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My wife an I had dinner. It was excellent.

Although we ordered vegetarian, the menu had non vegetarian options that looked delicious.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Picked up a carry out today, the Hawaiian 4-0 and the penny wheat burger. First off the gluten free crust is by far the best I have ever had! My daughter says the burger is the best!
Your atmosphere and staff are super nice and extremely helpful.

Thank you again!