“Turkish Delight!”

Ranked #11 of 809 Restaurants in Dayton
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pasha Grill offers a refreshingly new dining experience, combining the finest in Mediterranean fusion cuisine and an affordable and creative selection of wine and specialty cocktails. Three course $ 10.95 Lunch Special Monday-Friday 11am to 4pm. Private rooms available for business meetings. Free wife. We cater & deliver.
Reviewed 1 September 2018

This Turkish restaurant is in a very nice and upscale shopping center that looks more like a small down town (We really liked it!). It is closer to the middle and off to the left-hand side. Parking is a premium and expect to use parking meters (if you're lucky to find an open spot). The front of the restaurant has an attractive facade and the inside is even better. It is very clean, well maintained and has a very nice ambiance.

The entire wait staff were very polite and welcoming. Our waitress was a young lady that put a lot of effort into making our experience an excellent one. After I ordered raki (Turkish Style), the host came over to the table to ask if it met my expectations. He was very pleasant and we talked about my time in Turkey.

Although normally at this point of the review, I would start describing the food, but I have to say that this was one of the best dining experiences that I had in Dayton (Continuing on….)

The food! They started us off with some ekmek (Turkish bread), which was cut up into more manageable pieces (in Turkey they serve the whole flat bread and you rip it apart with your hands). Then we ordered some hummus, which was absolutely delicious and our drinks. I had a Turkish Style Raki (yum! Been too many years) and of course my obligatory Mojito (it was good but not great).

For our main courses we had the Vegetable Stew with Lamb (very good!), the Ribeye Steak Kabob (Yum!), a combination kabob with shrimp and lamb (grilled perfectly), the Weekend Special, and all 4 desserts!!!! Now, I know what you’re thinking….4 desserts??? YES! There were 6 of us and so we ordered them all! My 2 favorites (not to say they weren’t all really good) but the flan and the raisin and rice pudding were outstanding! The baklava was very good but too sweet for me (I don’t do a lot of sweets so it was me, but the others LOVED IT!) and other one I didn’t get the name but it was good too.

As I said earlier, this was one if not the best dining experience I had in Dayton. If you like Turkish food or just want to try something different, Pasha Grill is a must! Totally recommended!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Covered patio is great to sit on a spring or summer afternoon or evening. We enjoy their humus, kabobs and especially draft Effes Dark beer!! We come here about once or twice a month. Service is good and friendly.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I'm Turkish and I always look for Turkish restaurants when I travel and I was so excited when I found this gem! It's a great, clean, beautiful restaurant with great people and great food. You wont regret it!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Very good food, very nice ambience. I had the doner kebab, the meat was spiced very well and the tzatziki sauce was great. The bread they supply is great too.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

If you're looking for the best restaurant in the Dayton, Ohio, area, then you only need visit the Pasha Grill.

As a Level 6 contributor here on TripAdvisor, I am ready and willing to give a detailed, extremely complimentary review, and have many times here on TripAdvisor. It is not often, however, that I gush. That said, strap yourself in.

Pasha Grill is, hands down, the finest restaurant experience in Dayton, Ohio, and the surroundings areas. It is in every way - and I do mean every way - astounding.

Now, if you don't prefer Turkish / Mediterranean cuisine, you're excused from feeling that way, as well :-), but if you've never had Turkish / Mediterranean cuisine, you need to try it at Pasha Grill.

Located in The Greene in Dayton, Ohio, Pasha Grill is a beautifully decorated restaurant, positioned relatively close to public parking and close to paid parking.

The staff at Pasha Grill is exceptional. Our "hostess" greeted us at the front desk, guided us to our requested quiet table, and helped us throughout our entire meal. She was kind, sweet, knowledgeable; entirely helpful and attentive, yet completely unobtrusive.

We started off with the Small Appetizer Sampler, which is a combination of hummus, ezme, babaganush, eggplant with tomato sauce, stuffed grape leaves, pilaki, haydari and tabuli, served with immaculately baked bread from straight out of the oven. An absolutely amazing array of wonderful flavors all the way around.

For beverages, we had Turkish coffee (wow!), apple tea (delicious!), and raspberry iced tea (subtle and very good).

Our main course was the Rib-eye Steak Kebab, which was comprised of tender cubes of rib-eye marinated in Pasha's own signature house sauce (again, delicious) and then chargrilled to perfection. This was accompanied by perfectly cooked fresh broccoli and a delightfully-flavored, moist but not "wet" white rice.

For dessert, we had the baklava, which - if you don't already know - is comprised of numerous layers of phyllo dough which are fill with crushed pistachios, honey, etc. This was the best baklava we have ever had. Also, we had the kazandibi (pronounced kuh-ZAHN-duh-bee), which is a dessert made of milk custard, topped with cream and grape sauce with a small dollop of whipped cream on the side. This was the best dessert I have ever experienced in my entire life, hands down.

It's great to be blown away by the in-your-face, loud, colorful magnificence of something, isn't it? Look at our entertainment in movies, TV, etc.m and you'll see that many people enjoy this experience.

But when it comes to restaurants and service and food, it's different.

Great ambience is not meant to overwhelm you; rather, its quiet beauty is meant to surround you and, if well done, to invite you to rest in it.
Great service is not meant to either lord over you or bow to you; rather, its quiet excellence is meant to humble you and, if well done, to invite you to share in it.
Great food is not meant to end with one bite; rather its subtle, complex flavors are meant to intrigue you and, if well done, to compel you to chew slowly and savor.

The above might seem wordy to some, but it exactly embodies what Pasha Grill offers to those who are fortunate enough to experience it; restful ambience, humbling service, and fascinating food.

If you want to experience the best restaurant in the Dayton, Ohio, area, then don't delay, because it simply doesn't get any better than Pasha Grill.

Been to Pasha Grill? Share your experiences!