All reviews two bedroom suite large closet front desk mini kitchen boiled eggs cracker barrel many restaurants in the area waffles would definitely stay here again fitness room home away from home first floor clean rooms living area ice machine restaurants within walking distance coffee pot
Reviewed 17 May 2016

I stay here annually for an event in the Dayton area. Year after year, the service, quality, and cleanliness remains unchanged.Perfect hotel for long stays, and right by many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Evan B
Reviewed 2 May 2016

I’m originally from Dayton so I obviously know the city very well and moreover, the best hotels around town to consider when staying here. I’ve lived away from Dayton for 20 years but most of my family are still in the area so I come home a few times a year to check on my awesome parents, hangout with old friends and enjoy meals at some of my favorite restaurants. However, over the last 10 years, finding a decent hotel in Dayton has been a bit dodgy. I used to stay at The Crowne Plaza in Downtown Dayton almost religiously for quite a few years but that place is a mess as is The Dayton Grand Hotel (also in downtown).

About two years ago I found a new Residence Inn that is in North Dayton on I-75 and Miller Lane. I love it there and have stayed several times (you can see my review on this hotel listed in my profile). So the Residence Inn became my new “go to” hotel when coming to Dayton. But, this particular trip was booked at the last minute and I found a great air/hotel/car package on Travelocity. Unfortunately, the Residence Inn North wasn’t available in the package but a sister hotel was offered (which is literally right next door) called the TownePlace Suites. I’ve seen this Marriott brand in several major cities but even as a seasoned and well-traveled guy, I have never stayed in one. So I opted to give it a try. As you can see from the other reviews on this page, this location has received top ratings from guests and the reviews have been great. Additionally, the general manager Kari replied to many of those reviews here on TripAdvisor and I find that to be good business when the GM is paying attention to the reviews and responding as needed. So, after reading the reviews I chose a one-bedroom suite as part of my air/hotel/car package. This location also offers a smaller studio option or a larger two-bedroom suite in case you need a different type of space.

Upon arrival at the hotel, Kari happened to be working so we had a nice chat and I knew immediately the hotel was going to be well-operated and a nice place to stay. That is an understatement!! I absolutely LOVED this location/brand! From the moment I walked in I noticed the property is impeccably clean and organized. Once I got to my suite it became even more clear that I was going to have a really nice stay (which I did).

The hotel had just undergone upgrades such as carpet, furniture, and other aesthetics throughout so the suites were really pretty. Not to mention, everything was spotless!! I check cabinets, drawers, and closets when I check-in. I also inspect mattresses, kitchen storage areas, etc., etc. upon check-in to hotels and I was super impressed how clean everything was throughout the suite. The full kitchen was well-stocked with accessories, dishes, etc. There were two huge closets…one in the kitchen area (that could actually be used as more of a pantry for long stay guests) and one in the bedroom. Also, there was a ton of storage in the office/desk area and more drawers in the bedroom. The bathroom was roomy and the shower power was awesome! The bed and bedding were great and I slept like a baby all the nights of my stay (and I don’t always sleep through the night but I did during this visit). Linens and towels were also nice and actually smelled super clean.

Kari and her staff always had smiles on their faces and always went out of their way to ensure guests were taken care of and happy. I had a couple little housekeeping issues but the staff took care of everything and I felt like they really cared about my comfort.
The morning breakfasts were great and had enough of everything to get a bite to eat without having to go outside the hotel. The buffet was clean and the staff once again were always cheerful and helpful. A good way to start your morning without unwanted attitude or bad service! There were newspapers available and a small shopping area where you could pick up water, soda, snacks, and some other travel and laundry supplies (there was a nice laundry facility available).

All in all, you can tell that Marriott really has a great business model with the TownePlace Suite brand. But more importantly, with General Manager’s like Kari overseeing operations and staff, it’s a great example of how it starts at the top! Kari was super impressive and I really can’t say enough about her. If for no other reason Kari’s personality and excellent attention to detail now has me a fan and this location will be my new hotel option when returning to Dayton for a visit. Kari…thank you so much for your kindness, attention to detail and ensuring I had a great stay!!!

Room Tip: Opt for a one or two bedroom suite for a little extra space and a home-like feeling!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank scottycolumbus
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

With 4 kids travel can be challenging and hotels costly. Not only was the price awesome but the suite was wonderful! Immaculate. Breakfast was absolutely outstanding w so many choices. Above all- the service from all the staff was EXTRAORDINARY. Treated us like family. We'll be back!!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ehoward2312
Reviewed 30 April 2016

Wow...where do I start? First let me tell you I have stayed at a variety of hotels all over the United States ranging from the Mondrian in LA to the Soho Grande in NYC to the Shore Club in Miami and I have never had customer service like I've had at the Town Place Suites in Dayton. Silly I know but seriously, these people are amazing! Everything we needed, they were all over it.

The rooms were amazing too. Very thoughtfully designed. Every detail was thought out from the extra outlets to the laptop tray to the over sized drawers to hold your bag. This wasn't a business trip but if I were a business traveler, I loved the Paul Mitchell bath products!
I need to call out the customer service. The excellent team included Kari, Michelle, Christi and Jessica. Please give them kudos because again, I have dealt with hundreds upon hundreds of customer service folks and the level of service these people exude are amazing!
I don't know what you have to do but please give these women the props they deserve as you will not find associates like this anytime soon!

Room Tip: Sorry but I don't really have one. :(
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank angelamiconi
Reviewed 26 February 2016

My red-eye flight got me to the hotel before check-in. I was exhausted. Luckily, Michelle, at the front desk, and Sheree, with housekeeping, were able to find me a room right away. It turned a nice hotel into a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business