All reviews the concierge lounge university of dayton full service hotel front desk room service close to downtown the indoor outdoor pool comfortable bed the entire staff bathroom door business trip nice stay parking lot tory della diana haydee
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We were staying here for a wedding at the Dayton Art Institute. My wife had attended UD in the 80's and WOW what a difference the hotel and the UD campus had made. The rooms are cleanly designed for efficiency and comfort. Very comfortable bed. Housekeeping was excellent and Deyocka Wright went out of her way to clean the room around our schedule. Also, Haydee at breakfast was cheerful and gave us some interesting insight into the changes at UD and the hotel. Overall a good stay and reasonable value for the location.

Room Tip: Choose quiet room on 5th floor at the end of the hall rooms 582
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear David B,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is wonderful to know that you found our rooms comfortable and our staff friendly. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

My wife & I helped our son move to Dayton for work. He went to UD, but it's been many years since we've stayed at the UD Marriott. They've done some very impressive renovating and our bathroom was updated and spotless. The room was very quiet even though we were near the elevator. We stopped for dinner at the hotel restaurant and had one of the best dinner experiences we've ever had. The food was very good but the service was simply tremendous. We were made to feel like family. I want to identify our server (Sara Smith) as well as Andre. It was late and not very crowded so they were able to spend some time with us. They made the trip for us. We'll be returning to visit our son and if the UD Marriott is available, we'll book it. Thanks again for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear McDaddy 56,

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. Thank you especially for recognizing the staff, I will be sure to share your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you on a return trip.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Visiting our new freshman at the University of Dayton on family weekend this Marriott was perfect. Close to campus, friendly staff even at midnight and a very nice breakfast one morning. Can’t say enough great things about this Marriott, if your considering staying here you won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Stevea1a,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I appreciate you choosing us while in the area. It is reflections like yours which allow us to serve our guests better. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We were a part of the Caribou reunion that stayed here and had meetings, banquets. The moment we walked in until we left the staff was so kind and attentive. Our 1st afternoon was lunch at the DEWBERRY 1840. Delicious beyond words. Our waiter (Frankie) was the best ever. I do not like mushrooms and asked if they could leave them out of the Stuffed Grilled Cheese, absolutely was his answer. Well when it came I could see a few sticking out the side. Not to make a fuss I just pulled the ones I could see out. As long as I don't "see" the devils, I'm o.k. Well, a few minutes Frankie came by to see how everything was and spied the devils on my plate!!!! He said, "I will have them make you another!" I wasn't going to have that, 1st because the sandwich was filling as it was and 2nd another would just be TOO TOO much. He was very kind and adjusted our bill accordingly! Saw him the next morning, and he smiled and greeted us with the same kindness as the day before. Wish there were more of him around. Our only problem was our last night (Saturday) there was a wild wedding party in our hallway who couldn't find the key card for the room next to ours. Almost called the front desk, but the read my mind and stopped the reception continuation.

Stayed: September 2018
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Marriott at the University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Kim E,

I’m happy to hear that our accommodations and friendly associates made for a successful reunion. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to monitor and improve our guest experience. We look forward to seeing you again on a return trip.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I belong to a professional organization that has an annual 3 day conference in Ohio. We rotate between 5 venues and this Marriott was last used 4 years ago. 9 years ago, we came and left before spending an entire night, choosing to commute 2 hours each day, instead. The facility was in horrendous shape and looked like it needed to be demolished and rebuilt. Between holes in the walls, roaches and rodents, I wasn't going to spend another night here.

We came this year after being ensured that the facility had undergone an extensive renovation. It surely has. While there were some fit and finish issues, the facility is much nicer. It is clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and clean, the bedding comfortable and bug free.

We stayed in 178 and only found the following deficiencies: *exhaust fan in bathroom inoperable. Mirror unusable after a shower. *bathroom plumbing needs concealed in some manner. *Crack in bathroom ceiling, just cosmetic.* latch to sliding patio door inoperative. Has a safety lock and Charlie bar, though.

Overall, I would stay again, but I would NOT pay the door rate.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear brad p,

We appreciate your review. Your valuable feedback is of great importance to and allows us to monitor and continually improve our property. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.