All reviews garden view suite beach room the river butterfly room full kitchen friendly hosts we loved our stay within walking distance living area an extra charge private bath historic town the location is perfect guest rooms short walk to the waterfront lovely room historical sites
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My whole family and I stayed here in August for a couple of nights for my wedding in Yorktown. All of the suites are so quaint and comfortable! Everything is set up so pretty and the outside area with the garden is just beautiful. Amy was so sweet and accommodating to us - especially with my semi-crazy schedule being a bride about to get married! She made us all feel relaxed and was very helpful with everything. And the breakfast is SOOOO GOOD!!! It was the best French toast I have ever had. Along with bacon, a bowl of fruit heaven, coffee and juice! It was the absolute perfect place to stay while I got married on the beautiful York River. This B&B is about 2 minutes driving distance to RiverWalk Landing, and about an 8 minute walk. Perfect location! We all felt so at home while we were there. It was truly a delightful and unforgettable experience!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Amy D, Owner at Marl Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Sorry for my very delayed response to your review. We enjoyed having you and your family here and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Mark Inn while participating in a living history event at the Colonial National Historic Site - Yorktown. The inn is in Yorktown and convenient to everything in the town. Amy was very accommodating to our schedule so we could interpret for the public. The room was clean and nicely decorated and very quiet. The breakfasts served each morning were delicious and varied.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Amy D, Owner at Marl Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

We are so glad that you joined us while visiting for the living history event. It was great fun to have you here at breakfast in Colonial period clothes. We especially enjoyed listening to Vickie explain the colonial dresses and I know our other guests enjoyed it too. We hope to see you back next year.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We enjoyed staying at the Marl Inn bed and breakfast. It's very clean and nicely decorated. Great location 2 blocks from the beach. We enjoyed chatting with the inn keepers and had a delicious breakfast. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Amy D, Owner at Marl Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed the Marl Inn and Yorktown. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Amy is a delightful Inn Keeper. And she is a great cook. Breakfasts were delicious and just the right amount. She had lots of good info to share about things to see and do in the area.
The Marl Inn Bed & Breakfast has that homey feel, including no one making your bed or changing the towels in 4 days! Maybe I had unrealistic expectations. Other B&B's I've stayed in provided those basics. This was a disappointing part of an otherwise nice stay.

Stayed: June 2017

Thank you for staying at the Marl Inn. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and breakfasts. We apologize for the towel confusion. Our general policy with changing towels is if they are hung up we don't change them. Towels left in the tub/shower indicate to us that customers want fresh towels. However, I realized after you left that our policy book explaining this was missing from your room. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely room. Clean, roomy and comfy. You can walk to everything from here. Close to the historic town, the river and the battlefields. Easy parking. Friendly hosts. Pretty garden. Good a/c but ceiling fans also - which I happen to like.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you in Yorktown again.