“Stuck in the 70s”

Yorktown Motor Lodge
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Funky smell in the lobby! Staff friendly but easily confused. Room adequate but with a distinct 70s vibe. Old furniture and very low water pressure. No pool in September. Convenient to lots of sights and restaurants. Hard bed but clean overall.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

The tv didn't work in the first room. We were moved to another room where there were no washcloths. The ceiling in the bathroom was about to fall in. The toilet seat and bathtub looked grundgy. Saw a roach on the night stand. Only reason I gave 1 star was there were no other options

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016

I'm here Sunday August 7, 2016 at 8am I left my room to get free continental breakfast and doors are locked and no one is answering the bell? ( there is a sign on the door that says to ring the doorbell for assistance ) 3 people are standing with me waiting. It's 9:30am and still no one is present? I was not given a key to my room when I checked in because the door was broken but was told to come ring bell and she would let me in if I needed to leave. The one and only time I leave I am locked out. I'm at the restaurant having to pay for breakfast now. One patron at the hotel drove to wal mart to buy towels because no one was present to give him any for his kids. Rooms are outdated like 1960 sheets and bed covers. Tv barely works. Pool isn't open. Cover still on and it's August? Basically the only amenity that's correct is free wi-fi

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank aliceblaylock53
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Please listen to everyone reviewing because this place is just nasty. The first room I was in was in better condition and cleaner but I asked for non smoking and it had definitely been smoked in. The next room they put me in was horrible. That room according to the lady at the front desk hadn't been used in 3 months and you could tell the lights between the beds didn't work because the cord was cut off. The room was very dirty. The refrigerator and microwave were disgusting, with mold all through the fridge. There was dust and paint chips all over the shower and handles inside the shower. The shower curtain had mold and grim all over the inside. The toilet had pee on the seat. I went to the office and asked for it to be cleaned. Again the lady at the desk assured me the would have it cleaned. The cleaning lady basics sprayed a air freshener and wipe the toilet. The next day I came back to find that they had "cleaned" the room again by just throwing the blankets across the beds, spraying an air freshener again, and took all the towels without putting new ones. That was it for me and I checked out that very day.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Marissa A
Reviewed 12 October 2015

I was excited to see that it was family owned and newly renovated, I just know when it was done. The room was well lit, but it was not to our advantage. There were several lapses in housekeeping, missing cups for the coffee, the non working remote control for the TV, the left over toothpaste in the bathroom sink along with the last guest soap in the shower. The toilet seat also was in sorry shape and in need of replacement. The shower did work well and we were given extra towels upon request. The sink didn't have anything to stop possessions from falling down the drain. My sister found a few questionable hairs in the bathroom and one on her sheets. Why did we stay your thinking- Lysol spray and necessity. Also there was none of the promised breakfast we wouldn't have eaten it but it's the principle that they offered it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family