US$233
US$159
Staybridge.com
Candlewood Suites Newport News(Yorktown)(Great Value!)
US$153
CandlewoodSuites
Courtyard Newport News Yorktown(Yorktown)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$86
  • Free Internet
US$164
US$155
Fort Eustis Inn(Newport News)
US$102
US$91
US$100
US$94
Hornsby House Inn(Yorktown)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Please listen to everyone reviewing because this place is just nasty. The first room I was in was in better condition and cleaner but I asked for non smoking and it had definitely been smoked in. The next room they put me in was horrible. That room according to the lady at the front desk hadn't been used in 3 months and you could tell the lights between the beds didn't work because the cord was cut off. The room was very dirty. The refrigerator and microwave were disgusting, with mold all through the fridge. There was dust and paint chips all over the shower and handles inside the shower. The shower curtain had mold and grim all over the inside. The toilet had pee on the seat. I went to the office and asked for it to be cleaned. Again the lady at the desk assured me the would have it cleaned. The cleaning lady basics sprayed a air freshener and wipe the toilet. The next day I came back to find that they had "cleaned" the room again by just throwing the blankets across the beds, spraying an air freshener again, and took all the towels without putting new ones. That was it for me and I checked out that very day.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Marissa A
Reviewed 12 October 2015

I was excited to see that it was family owned and newly renovated, I just know when it was done. The room was well lit, but it was not to our advantage. There were several lapses in housekeeping, missing cups for the coffee, the non working remote control for the TV, the left over toothpaste in the bathroom sink along with the last guest soap in the shower. The toilet seat also was in sorry shape and in need of replacement. The shower did work well and we were given extra towels upon request. The sink didn't have anything to stop possessions from falling down the drain. My sister found a few questionable hairs in the bathroom and one on her sheets. Why did we stay your thinking- Lysol spray and necessity. Also there was none of the promised breakfast we wouldn't have eaten it but it's the principle that they offered it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen J
Reviewed 24 August 2015

So disappointed in this place. It looked decent in the pictures, and the website led us to believe that it would be a good value. However, that website needs to be updated. There was NO continental breakfast as advertised. When we arrived, late in the afternoon, our room wasn't ready because it hadn't been re-keyed yet. The wi-fi was extremely unreliable--their server had to be re-started and we were there for a few hours before we could log on. The office and the rooms smelled musty and looked dirty. Our room was so overcrowded with odds and ends of furniture (including a curio cabinet!)that we could barely get into the bathroom. We had to ASK for a bathmat! The TV didn't work. The air conditioner barely worked. In fact, it was about 3:00 before the room was even close to a comfortable temperature. When we went to check out in the morning, the office wasn't open yet even though it was past the 7:00 opening time.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2015

My family of six stayed at this motel for 2 nights (July 2 to July 5, 2015). The room we got had three double beds, small fridge, TV, free wifi and bathroom. The beds are so-so but the sheets smelled like someone smoked in the room. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room but the room still smelled like a smoking room. The pillows are not good either but at least did not smell terrible. The fridge was small and did not get cold enough. The TV was working fine. The bathroom is big enough for two average-sized persons. The shower had the two knobs to regulate the temperature so it wasn't kid-friendly. The tub will drain sluggishly when showering. The carpet looks dirty. The people behind the desk when I checked in were nice and courteous. You'll need a quarter to get ice from the ice machine. There's a small pool in the middle of the motel parking lot although we did not get to swim as we are away most of the day. There are not too many restaurants in the area. They had really good free wifi so my kids were at least pre-occupied with their electronic gadgets. There's also a sliding door to access the back of the motel leading to small patch of grass, wasn't sure if you can grill outside your room although I saw a grill outside one of the rooms. Not the worst hotel I've been to but I wouldn't recommend if you can find something else. I booked through Priceline and couldn't find anything else because of the holiday season.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

when my son checked into his room his comforter had cigarette burns in it and the mattress cover had blacked stuff on it and flaked off onto the sheets and it looked like mice feces. went to the office and the indian manager did not even make an effort to correct situation, when we checked into our room had cigarette burns in the comforter, my parents had a big blood stain on their sheet, black stuff on the towels, no tp holder, bath tub was cracked and repaired and it had cracked again, had to go to walmart to buy flip flops to use for showers bcause the tub was dirty!! had talked to a female employee in the afternoon confirming reservations and when I mentioned this to the manager was told no female employee's worked there, then next morning noticed a female housekeeper and she confirmed that the female person I spoke with does work there!! definitely will not stay there again even it was free!!!! did not check out breakfast, went to ihop down the street!

Room Tip: do not use this hotel, the pictures on the internet are outdated and the rooms are filthy and the bbb & health department need to be involved!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family