“Black Beards bbq”
Review of Blackbeard's Seaside BBQ - CLOSED

Blackbeard's Seaside BBQ
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: Casual and Friendly Atmosphere, Service With a Smile, Great Food, Full Service Bar, Pet Friendly Patio, Overlooks Beautiful Ventura Harbor, Live Entertainment, Dancing, Karaoke,
Reviewed 19 July 2013

They are better know for their bar not their food...The coleslaw was way too bitter!!! And the burgers are horrible!!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

A very casual restaurant with plenty of atmosphere but don't expect a normal Ventura venue. I find the place humorous. Sometimes the food is very good and sometimes it can be just average, From the outside there are great smells and lively music and this will entice you to venture in. There is an outside deck where you will want to sit and eat. Your dog is welcome and will get his own bowl of water. Great views of the harbor and lots of activity. If your party needs an extra seat, one will be taken from inside as well as a table if needed. I had the Ribs and my wife had the Tri-Tips and we enjoyed them. The service is very casual and you maybe forgotten at times but just go in with a relaxed frame of mind and enjoy the moment. If you are looking for a white glove place, this is not it. Just chill and enjoy the location.

1  Thank Charlie V
Reviewed 13 February 2013

To me this is the best ever. we had not only the best waiter but a wonderful experience. watching the tall ships come in and pelicans going crazy on the harbor, never saw anything like it before. this is a very chill local I liked it best of all the restaurants in the area. I live off Oxnard Shores and have been pretty much everywhere. LOVE LOVE this place. If you want the joy of the harbor and great music go here!!!!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I am sorry to say that I won't be able to eat here again! They waitress forgot about our table for over half an hour, then had messed up our order so she decided the best thing to do was never return once she brought out some properly cooked food (which was still WAY below par, and def not worth the price). Maybe if you are only going for drinks and to listen to a loud live band, this is the place. Try something else in the harbor besides this one for dinner though.

2  Thank candice a
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Blackbeard's BBQ put on a very nice and quite tasty buffet for our party out on their patio. The view was beautiful and the location was convenient to the boat trip we'd just taken as a memorial gathering. We had prearranged the buffet with lots of support from owner Mark, and he was very accommodating.

The food was plentiful and almost all excellent. The sliced tri-tip was excellent and not overdone, the clam chowder was yummy though a bit too thick for my taste, and the baked beans were PHENOMINAL, as was the chili. The food price was certainly right and the wine selection good and reasonable. The only disappointment was the salad which wasn't bad but very plain.

We will return for the baked beans and chili alone, and look forward to trying their other bbq meats.