“Interesting exhibits”

Ventura County Museum of History & Art
Ranked #18 of 71 things to do in Ventura
Reviewed 16 June 2016

My last visit was as a volunteer for World Ocean Day. This museum is in a convenient location (on Main Street across from Mission San Buenaventura). And afterward, you can walk to the beach (4 blocks away).

2  Thank LwindVta

Reviewed 29 May 2016

since 13,000 BC. The museum appears more for locals . I expected more in the chumosh natives if spelled correctly. Apparently, the Chumosh lived on the Channel Islands since 13,000 BC. I wanted to
learn more about them ans not musical instruments. For the price it is worth it but needs more
Chumosh artifacts.

2  Thank Larain S
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We had originally planned to visit another museum but it was closed. The exhibits were varied with an interesting special exhibit of musical instruments. The historical displays helped answer questions regarding the native populations & the early community.

A room featuring a local artist was captivating and caused me to spend more time in the museum than I had anticipated.

The gift shop was very nice - good variety of books dealing with the local area.

1  Thank Gail F
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Very small museum across from the Mission. Stopped in on our way to the mission and it was worth the time. Really liked the George Stuart doll collection about the diamond necklace.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

This is a very small museum, with only a few rooms of displays. But what they do is very well done. I enjoyed the musical instruments exhibit as well as the historical figures gallery. Admission is very reasonable, especially if you ask for the AAA or student discount. The exhibits change regularly, so I will make a point of stopping by again the next time I am in Ventura.

2  Thank Mom_of_Alex