“If I lived nearby I'd be a regular!”
Review of The Sushi House

The Sushi House
Ranked #88 of 471 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 31 August 2016

My husband I really loved this place! It was one of the best sushi places I had been to in a long time. We made it about a half before lunch closed and they had no problem seating us and didn't rush us at all. I enjoyed the food so very much I even texted pictures to my brother which I never do with food.
The chirashi bowl was amazing, delicious, fresh and generous portions. The nigiri and roll we had were also large generous portions of fresh fish.
It's also right next to the beach... I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Cute little place near the beach. Have patio, indoor and sushi bar seating. Serve beer, wine and sake. Tons of sushi and Bento box and other selections. Everything was really good and we tried a lot of sushi rolls. My only complaint is that they serve imitation Krab; real crab is only in a few things. Real bummer for me on the sushi front.

1  Thank scottfamilyranch
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Loved this friendly neighborhood sushi joint. The portions and pricing were very fair. I had the Hamachi Sashimi, received 7 healthy sized pieces, and they were fresh and buttery. I also ordered the Avocado Bomb which was "Da Bomb"! It was really tasty, but more than I needed ~ I ate the rest for breakfast the following day, it was still just as good! The owner is on site and interacting with customers. The staff were all friendly and offered good service. I can't wait to return to Ventura so I can revisit this gem of a restaurant. Plus, it's a block from the beach!

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Everything was A+ all around, food was fresh, well made and the presentation was excellent. The service was quick, friendly and the restaurant was very clean. The place was packed, but that is understandable. Great food, cool vibe and only a block from the beach. Glad we discovered T.S.H., this will definitely be the go to weekly spot to get my sushi fix.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

It's a new restaurant so we gave it a try. We had very basic sushi (tuna and salmon cut rolls). Right off the bat there was way too much rice on both and the rice had no flavor to it. The fish was a very small piece within the cut rolls. We had a tempura cut roll (sweet potato) and that had too much rice also. It was a flavorful sweet potato and the tempura was made well but if you are going to already have starch you don't need to add so much more in the way of rice.
Overall, compared to the other Sushi restaurants in the area, this is a 2 1/2. The prices for basic things were fair but it looked like the special rolls were a bit expensive. The service was very good.
With other better sushi restaurants available, we won't be returning to this one.