“Dissappointing service”

The Sushi House
Ranked #88 of 471 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 June 2015

Food is basic, but service was horrible. Sushi chefs couldn't be bothered and the waitress was absolutely clueless. It killed me to tip her! I guess I'm used to friendly staff and a welcoming environment. Great location near the ocean. I'll probably try them again in hopes that this was a one time incident. There are too many great sushi restaurants in town to shell out $$ for bad service.

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Visited during the lunch hour on a Wednesday. Outstanding happy hour pricing with $3.50 spicy tuna rolls (among other selections). We had 4 rolls and 2 sodas for about $30. Everything was very fresh - will visit again!

Reviewed 24 March 2015

Awesome premium sampler platter. I ended up going back for a second night in a row. I got the premium sampler which had a nice variety of Nigiri including salmon, yellow tail, tuna, squid, octopus, surf clam, Shrimp and a spicy tuna roll.

Reviewed 18 December 2014 via mobile

Sushi house had been our favorite since moving to ventura: great sushi and oysters! One problem: the food always arrives in one delivery, even if you ask them to pace it, without fail:)

Reviewed 4 December 2014

Quaint little sushi bar at the beach with interesting and fresh offerings. I've been eating sushi in LA and Ventura for 30 years and this place has hit my top 10 list. I checked 'delivery' but not sure if their van is for delivery or catering. Call!