“Sweet tooth”
Review of Marie Shannon's

Marie Shannon's
Ranked #3 of 11 Bakeries in Ventura
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Craving some sweets so decided to stop by this place. They have a lot of desserts to choose from and I ordered the smores bar and i love it - it wasn’t too sweet. I love the decor inside - it made me feel like I just want to chill and enjoy my dessert. It was worth a try

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Marie Shannon's is awesome. They've got great food, coffee and delicious baked goods. Everything I've tried has been great. My kids even love stopping by!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I like to support "mom and pop" eating establishments as an alternative to going to Starbucks. That's why I chose to have breakfast here.

First the generally positive. The establishment is nice. They is a large, airy area directly in front where people can eat. Inside I found it a little claustrophobic. But it was clean.

I'm very picky when it comes to wait staff, as they set the tone for the visit. Because I'm somewhat of a counter-culture kind of person, who wears bandanas and is quite casual, I use myself as a barometer on how people treat me as my measurement on how the wait staff responds to their customers.

The gal at the counter, a pudgy little thing with purple hair, made it a point to show her displeasure at my entering the establishment. The ironic thing is that after working thirty years as a special education teacher, I probably make more than she does via my pension in a month, than she makes in a year full time. It shows that you should never judge a book by it's cover.

I found her attitude snippy and unfriendly. For this reason alone, I would never come back here, nor would I recommend this place to anyone. I ordered a milk and what I thought was a cinnamon roll. I had the cinnamon roll heated. Usually, this means it will come out soft and chewy. In this case it came out hard and crunchy. Luckily for me I ordered milk.

The wi-fi signal is good, and even though I was here for quite a while catching up on my reviews and such. nobody asked me to leave to make room for other patrons.

I would recommend that the owner of this coffee shop teach their clue-less millennial staff, the importance of good customer service. Not just to the mainstream side of society, but those of us who choose to live a different way, as well.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Found this place by happen chance as other bakeries were closed on Tuesdays. Service was sketchy. I ordered a empanata and got it quickly as just out of the oven. My friends ordered fruit, granola on yogurt; and the other bacon and eggs. I finished my food by the time theirs arrived. Seems like they were confused with the numbers and orders for breakfast. Can eat outside in a garden area.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Ordered PB bar and cheesecake to go. The counter staff simply DUMPED both in a small single container making a huge mess. Price - too expensive, taste - nothing to pop up. Giving it a try again ? - No thank you.

Been to Marie Shannon's? Share your experiences!