“Awesome breakfast huevos rancheros”
Review of Cajun Kitchen Cafe

Cajun Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #38 of 474 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American
Description: Ventura Location: PH: 805-643-7701 - you only have their other locations currently listed.
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

First breakfast in California for a 2 week trip, think we might've peaked too soon!

Great friendly service and coffee, absolutely stunning huevos rancheros - hot and delicious

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

In another career when I was younger I managed the top Cajun restaurant in Los Angeles we served blackened redfish (red drum) it was passed through clarified butter, doused with blackening spices, and tossed into an almost incandescent cast-iron skillet. The fish was moist, flavorful, very delectable.

I ordered the what I thought would be a similar culinary creation. Instead the fish seemed to have no blackening spices and was dry as cardboard. When I asked our server about the fish she said that's how they do it there. Additionally the French fries were undercooked and greasy - the onion rings ok

The service seemed stretched: so some what inattentive and slow - hard to get a water refill.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We enjoyed a delightful late breakfast on our way to Santa Barbara after landing in Burbank. The portions were quite generous; two of us took leftovers with us to enjoy the next morning. The staff was very friendly and we are so glad we stopped at Cajun Kitchen Cafe.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Upon advice of locals we had a meal at the Cajun Kitchen Cafe. Our meals were good enough to have a repeat visit the following morning! No one on staff appears to be of Cajun or Creole descent. But don't let the Hispanic staff fool you. They do a good job with what they have. The menu gives anyone who has visited the pelican State a feel like they stumbled into Louisiana hard by the Pacific Ocean. Grits, jambalaya, catfish, sweet tea, cornbread, andouille sausage, beignets, gumbo, crawfish, crab cakes..... Breakfast and lunch is served seven days a week. Seating is limited, so there may be a wait as the locals flock here vying for a table with tourists. Service is quick and friendly. Prices are not out of line with similar restaurants. Alcohol is served here, as well.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

A friend and I dropped in for a late lunch this afternoon. I really enjoy New Orleans style food, but believe me, this is not that. I had blackened chicken and she had blackened redfish. Both meats were mediocre at best and tiny, less than 1/3" in thickness and about the size of my palm. We both liked the cornbread. The booth was comfortable but the acoustics in the place were poor -- not many customers making quite a racket. The service was poor. We will not return here ever.