“WOW!”
Review of Cafe Ficelle

Cafe Ficelle
Ranked #1 of 11 Bakeries in Ventura
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Description: Cafe Ficelle is Ventura's County’s premier bakery and cafe.
Description: Cafe Ficelle is Ventura's County’s premier bakery and cafe.
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here multiple times over the last month and each visit has been wonderful. Whether you want a perfectly cooked breakfast, espresso drinks or a lunch to linger over, this is the place to go.

Lots of indoor seating plus two dog-friendly patios. The cafe also serves a couple of locally produced beers on tap: nice!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We met friends for brunch and it was a very nice surprise. I had the French onion soup and it was delicious! It had a hearty broth with well cooked onions and sourdough croutons. The two women shared a roast beef sandwich and both loved it. Tender beef, excellent sourdough bread with a tangy mustard sauce. We also had a walnut crescent with a light glaze and again, excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful and even though it’s about two hours out of our way, we will return!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

I was visiting the area for a business meeting and we strolled a block from the office to the Cafe Ficelle. It was recommended as a sandwich shop but it was obvious when we walked in the door that it was primarily a coffee shop with a wide variety of baked goods. This was a lunch meeting so coffee was not an option for me (I don't drink coffee after 10am). I tried the tri-tip sandwich. It came on an interesting hard crust sourdough roll. I enjoyed the bread and the roasted bell peppers, the tri-tip was a little bland. This is BBQ tri-tip country and you traditionally have a little pink in the center of the slices. It also needs to be sliced a little thinner to make up for the toughness of the tri-tip cut of meat (lower sirloin). You have a choice of fries or a salad for your side. The salad was a mixture of potato, green beans and olives in a tasty Vinaigrette. I would recommend a couple more choices on sides. My ice tea was 12 ounces and cost 3 bucks - that's insane. Not a cheap trip - 20 bucks all in with tip for lunch. Not a bad place. Baked goods look rich but i resisted. Starbucks fans give it a try for your self. Enjoy!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

First time in this beautiful cafe and it was a nice surprise. Decor is well done and inviting. Coffee and croissants were delicious. We will be back to try some of the great choices for breakfast and brunch.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived around 10:30 on Sunday morning, and Cafe Ficelle was buzzing. The smell of fresh coffee and freshly made breads and pastries took me back to my childhood with memories of visiting my grandfathers bakery.
We had a sampling of several pastries and breads plus some great coffee.
We will return!