“Great Coffee and Chai Varieties, Good Place for Studying”
Review of Palermo

Palermo
Ranked #47 of 474 Restaurants in Ventura
Reviewed 10 April 2016

I come through here every time I drive through Ventura. I love the Pirate Chai (green tea chai- which I have yet to find anywhere else). They have a lot of cookies, pastries, and bottled beverages. Staff is always super nice and helpful. The outdoor seating is great. There are a lot of little gifts, cards, and other items for sale here too if you need to pick anything up.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Feels like I was at a friends house. Friendly service, Great Mocha Espresso, and their baked treats were delicious.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

My cappuccino was made EXACTLY as I requested. The ham and cheese croissant was perfect. I sat outside and enjoyed talking to other friendly customers. Will always stop by when I'm in Ventura.

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Didn't have a clue where to get a good cup of coffee, this place was recommended a couple of times. Yes the coffee was good and they had goodies to eat. Our first visit here was good. We were leaving the next morning, it was 6:00 a.m. very dark outside, we parked in front of the Palermo, got out of the car and as we were going into the coffee shop, beggars, one in particular accosted my wife and was shouting at her for money, he had been sitting at a table that the Palermo provides out on the patio....I was concerned, so I rushed in and told the girl who was there and she was not busy...that a beggar is outside and yelling at my wife for money in the dark. The unhelpful girl looked at me like I was crazy, saying she could do nothing about it. I was nervous and asked again if she could get rid of the beggar and she told me basically to f off. So we quickly exited this establishment.....drove to the next town and got coffee. This was an awful experience. Never again...Palermo better clean up the front patio of their Riff raff followers. Bad experience....they literally allow this behaviour in the dark early 6:00 a.m. Wanted to say something great......coffee was good the first visit. Didn't even get coffee the second visit. Won't stop here again.

2  Thank Will F
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Great coffee. Very European feel. I like to sit outside at the little tables in the morning before it gets too hot