All reviews cinnamon rolls five blocks downtown attractions front desk free shuttle scrambled eggs and bacon amtrak station quieter room street noise free breakfast room was clean heavy traffic business trip would stay here again location was perfect light sleeper within walking distance
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I've stayed here three times before and it was pleasant every time- this stay was the best yet. I was picked up at the airport by the free shuttle (call to check times ), I forgot to get shaving cream and was given a complimentary shaving cream by the front desk! The room was clean,comfortable and quiet and the bed was Very Comfortable. The AC was perfect and the hot water plentiful. the flat-screen T.V. was big and had HBO as well as ESPN and many other channels. The Staff was excellent from the front desk to the drivers to the cleaning staff. (everyone was very helpful And friendly.) The value was excellent -I always book well in advance to get a good and fair price. Close to the ballpark -about five blocks and the Plaza theater-6 or 8 blocks . Also there is a free breakfast with make your own pancakes and cinnamon rolls ,juice coffee,fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage etc. All around a great stay

Room Tip: 908 was a good room- all even numbers are on the opposite side of the freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

They take pets for $25 but they don’t have any adequate place to take them outside. Just some rocks that other pet owners have left in disgusting shape. Loud location, heard street noise from 9 floors up. Room was fine but the hotel itself was dated and worn. Breakfast was a zoo, skipped it. This was the first HIE that didn’t acknowledge status or thank us for choosing them. Convenient location passing by.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

This Holiday Inn exceeded my modest expectations for a branch hotel. My room was satisfactory and met all of my requirements. However, I base my review on four other factors. First, the hotel was conveniently located near most of my destinations, most of which I was able to walk to. Second, Ryan and Maria, at the front desk, provided invaluable help to me in planning my daily sightseeing. They printed maps and made phone calls to organize my logistics for me to the EP Museum of Archaeology and other tourist sites. Third, the breakfast selections were varied and interesting. I especially liked the omelets and the pancakes. When you press a single button, two pancakes are produced in a minute. Fourth, the hotel exterior was my first exposure to the yellow-and-red color palette that I found in El Paso and later in San Antonio. It was a pleasure to see the front facade when I returned to the hotel every day.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Denis H
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I stayed for one night during a road trip. It was a brutally hot day and the AC kept my room nice and comfortable. I loved the friendly and helpful staff, the included breakfast and parking, clean and comfortable bed, and the easy access to walk to downtown attractions and to get back to the interstate by car. One tip for out of town visitors who haven't seen the area: if I returned, I would consider staying on the west side of El Paso for the spectacular views of the mountains and the valley unless you are interested in being near some of the downtown attractions. For a downtown hotel, this is a perfect option.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights for work related matters. The staff was really friendly during the entire stay but the rooms are quite outdated (mostly the bathrooms). The tub and shower head were awful, and the hallway carpet is covered in stains. I did not use any facilities in this hotel so I can’t comment on those. Our first night, a Tuesday night, the downtown area was dead around 9 PM. It made for a rather uncomfortable walk around the downtown area to find a bar to grab a drink.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business