“Reward for little waiting!”

Teppanyaki grill & buffet
Ranked #91 of 1,636 Restaurants in El Paso
Reviewed 9 September 2016

There are occasions in life when everything seems to work out extremely well, and since I had such an occasion earlier, the reward was eating in the fine establishment. Allow me to elaborate: In anticipation that I was going to need to take a (rare) day off work, I'd been putting in much extra time at school (Hanks High School in the World-class Ysleta Independent School District, El PasoTX-USA) to complete sufficient work ahead of schedule to feel comfortable taking the day. When my daughter and her significant other had left their home in Culver CityCA-USA by (07:00) Thursday, arriving at our home by (19:00). Following a good night's sleep(-in), my better half & I pedaled my Doublevision to Quest Diagnostics for excellent blood draws by terrific tech Rachel.
Following a strong coffee and decent brekkie, We formulated a plan that involved two notarizations, verification & registration at DMV, and a 10K oil-change/maintenance.
Our first task, notary stamp at the little-known, rarely used (which made it easy to get in-and-out)Teachers Federal Credit Union on Golden Key Circle by Ms. Martha Bustamante was fast, friendly, and professional. This service was most appreciated, and I was glad to have kept my money here for over a quarter century, ever since it was "Ysleta Teachers Federal Credit Union" with an office adjacent to YISD central office.
I expected our next task to be considerably more daunting: coping with the Department of Motor Vehicles title transfer, located just South of I-10 at 1227 Lee Trevino. Enroute, we picked up her significant other at Fox Toyota, 11165 Gateway West, where he had left his 2015 Prius for the required 10,000 mile checkup/maintenance. Entering DMV I was pleased that we were able to obtain a primo parking spot adjacent to the building, then shocked to see that the line was non-existent once inside.
This was incredible, as anybody who is familiar with DMV knows, one usually takes a number and waits; here we were, the second time today, receiving fast, friendly, exceptionally professional assistance from Nubia. She was so incredibly efficient, even when I was unsure if our documents/title weren't quite correct, Nubia quickly rectified any mistakes. Unbelievably, we were out of this fine facility within a half-hour of entering! Our timing was another factor; a line had built up behind us which nearly went out the front door!
Could our great success continue? I suggested/recommended/paid for luncheon at Teppanyaki Grill & Buffet, which was accepted. I was a bit uncertain initially because it had been a long time since last eating here, and there was scant customers then.
But not this time; the parking lot was full, there might have been a dozen people in front of us to pay at one of the dual-register entrance, and then a short wait with our locator tape before being seated. It was a bit after noon, and this eatery was packed; obviously, it was knowing immense success.
Our waiter, Gustavo, ensured our drinks (agua con hielo, ice water) were always topped off, and removed empty plates as needed. Most importantly, he analyzed my receipt, found that I had been overcharged (we were drinking water, nothing else), and took my VISA card to make the correction. The food was excellent, but this kind of honesty in service is typical of the care & concern shown by virtually everyone here in the "Hidden Gem of the World, Crossroads of North America, anchored by El Paso, Cd. Juarez & Las Cruces", which is most easily accessed by the International Ft. Hancock-Las Cruces I-10 Bicycle Bypass.
Before, I would rarely pedal this particular way, but now that I know the superior eating available here, you can be sure I'll return on my Doublevision in the future around mealtime and stop for the quality nutrition--and even better staff! Teppanyaki certainly gets my "Wheel of Approval!"

1  Thank Juanito_Hayburg

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

I have to say I was not disappointed. Everything on the stream table that I had was hot. You sure don't find that very often. Great selection of just about anything Asian. Their sushis section looked fresh but I don't eat it. Very friendly waitresses and I didn't see any snotty Asian waitresses at all. Probably why this place was packed with customers. A big plus was the bathrooms were very clean. We will defiantly be back!

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I tried this place for the first time in July. My family kept telling me great things about it. Normally we do Grand China, but this restaurant, they said, was a whole level up. I thought "ok, lets go." They weren't kidding. This place has a large variety of food (typical Chinese dishes and even pizza, fries, etc). They also have a small Mexican food section with menudo! Ugh. The fat kid inside me didn't know where to start or end. Well, actually I ended with dessert. Which I must say that was the only disappointment for me. I tend to look forward to soft serve ice cream at buffets, but this restaurant only had a self serve station of ice cream by the scoop of like 5 flavors. I know, weird thing to complain about, but I'm just used to certain things ok? Also, they didn't have brownies and their chocolate chip cookies were too hard. I still ate them.

1  Thank Sarah Natalie D
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Come with an appetite and you'll leave with a full tummy and a smile on your face. The options here are unbelievable as is the taste in the food available. Worth every penny you pay.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Loved this place, lots of variety, the Sushi section was really good. I got full fast and there were lots of things I didnt get to taste. Will return during my stay in this area.