“Hmmm...I wonder if I ate at the same place...”
Review of Yamato

Yamato
Ranked #486 of 1,606 Restaurants in El Paso
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 15 May 2014

For those who know Japanese cuisine, this location disappoints. While El Paso is full of mediocre sushi places, this restaurant is below average.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I pulled into the parking to turn around to go to a place across the street but the traffic was so bad I couldn't cross. Boy am I glad I couldn't. I parked, and walked up to the door as two gentlemen were coming out and I asked if it was good, they said yes, it was very good so in I went. I am not a lover of Japanese food but I'm trying to broaden my foodie horizons by trying new to me places. I ordered the Tempura combo appetizer, they brought me a bowl of Miso soup on the house that was fantastic. The combo was enough for a lunch easily, but I still had the fried ice cream with caramel sauce and it was unbelievably good.
I liked it so well I went back two days later with a friend who lived in Japan for many years, she ordered the Tempura I had, and I ordered Yakisoba, the combo. Again a nice bowl of soup on the house! Normally I really dislike the little shrimpies in these combos and give them to my friend, these were so good I ate every one of them. Again the fried ice cream this time strawberry sauce, I liked the caramel better but this was good too. My friend had the green tea ice cream and said it was outstanding. I have say I'll be making this a regular stop even if I do have to drive over 20 miles to get there!
The service was fantastic!!!!!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Yamato's has the best Sushi in town. They have a variety of choices and for a decent Price too, and the service there is very friendly as well. I recommend all you Sushi Lovers to go to this place and make this your #1 place to get sushi.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Went in here starving and looking for a quick bite on valentines day. Was decorated nicely and the waiter had us seated right away and was very friendly. The food was delicious and the deep fried ice cream was to die for. I would recommend this place to anyone in the area who wants a quick taste of Japan.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

It has been over a year since we have eaten here. Still the best Japanese food in town. Prices have jumped, but where haven't they. A very complete menu with lots of options and willingness to prepare and serve just about anything you desire. Service is impeccable, Paulina is just surper. Sushi cooks are fast and really artist. Presentations are so good, you almost hate to eat it. Highly recommend this place.