“Outstanding”

Ranked #120 of 1,714 Restaurants in El Paso
Price range: US$6 - US$34
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Bar, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Description: The artistry and fresh flavors of the sushi at Koze are unmatched. Our culinary teams at the sushi bar and each hibachi station use the freshest, highest quality ingredients to delight each guest with wonderful recipes. Every night, dinner guests can fully enjoy the showmanship of Koze's trained chefs as they perform and prepare the finest Japanese dishes right at each station, with colorful ingredients to delight the eye and the palate. Featuring a sushi bar, a wine, beer and sake bar and 6 entertaining hibachi grills for family and group celebrations with shows for the whole family, Koze brings everyone together for great food and fun.
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Had a business dinner here with two colleagues on a Friday evening. Arrived about 8 pm, place was very full and busy. We were seated, however, in less than 5 minutes. Very nice ambiance and atmosphere, small bar, several hibachi grill tables and quite a few "regular" tables. Our waitress was one of the best I can ever remember having - friendly, polite, cheerful and took GREAT care of our group. Shared a Ahi Tuna and a Short Rib appetizer that were delicious. My entree was Duck Breast with fried rice, nice sized portions (about a dozen perfectly cooked and seasoned duck breast medallions). For dessert I had the Chocolate Lava Cake that was very good. The bill was a little on the higher side compared to other places I've visited in El Paso - but well worth it considering the top-notch service, and presentation, taste and portion size of all food choices.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

New place, nice, clean and the staff were great. Had Dogfish 90 Minute IPA on tap! Now for the bad. We went in on a Sunday night and it wasn't packed at all, maybe 10 people in the whole place. I ordered the strip steak and scallops and we also had an order of the fillet and chicken. You would think the meat would be top notch for the price they charge for it. The first clue was when the Chef had to really work that knife of his to get through the cuts, I thought to myself oh no...I hope its just slightly stiff from the refrigerator. Turns out the beef was low quality/old or whatever and was as tough as a hockey puck. Even at medium rare and medium for our steaks. You couldn't really even tell the difference between the fillet and the strip. Our chicken, sushi and appetizers were ok, nothing super special but decent enough. If you go and the meat is not up to par please complain and not just chew it to death like we did!

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

It wasn't bad, packed so if you want to sit at the hibachi tables I suggest making a reservation. The food itself wasn't bad. They didn't have the yum yum sauce which was sad. Pretty pricey too

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Great time and great service. Food is delicious!! Pricey, but we'll worth it. Had enough food for left overs..

Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

The ingredients they use are very fresh. The sushi is tasteful, made to order and they have a wonderful selection. I truly enjoyed my visit. I'll be back.

Been to Koze Teppan Grill- East? Share your experiences!