“Amazingly Delicious!!!!”
Review of Bamboo Kitchen

Bamboo Kitchen
Ranked #244 of 1,714 Restaurants in El Paso
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Ate dinner here December 3, 2015. All I can say is WOW! The staff is very friendly and professional. The food is amazing! First we started with Egg Drop Soup. It was very good. Then I ordered General Tso's Chicken, the batter was very light and crisp. The sauce was exploding with flavor. Sweet and hot. It came with a choice of fried or steamed rice. I ordered the fried rice and it was the BEST fried rice I've ever had! I ordered a dinner combo with a sushi roll. I ordered the crab roll and it was also very good. Very fresh and tasty! My girlfriend ordered the Broccoli Beef with steamed rice and an Alaska roll. Her meal was even better! The beef was so tender it practically melted in your mouth, great flavor in the sauce and the broccoli was very fresh and cooked perfectly! Her steamed rice was very light and fluffy. The Alaska roll was extra fresh and delicious too! Great prices and large portions. They have very reasonable lunch and dinner specials. We WILL be going back! THE BEST CHINESE FOOD IN EL PASO!

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Food is wonderful, soups, rice, and main dishes are great. i heard very positive things about this place and confirmed them. prices are very nice too and serving sizes are large.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

I'm a local and have many options to have Chinese in the area but not like this. Its located in an old El Paso restaurant known as "Panchos." The feel of the Bamboo Kitchen is a bit deceiving since you go in and its usually pretty slow or at least the time I've gone. But when you get the food, WOW. It appears to be made fresh and it is full of flavor. Its nothing like the buffet style Chinese. The plates are loaded so take an appetite or a friend. I've tried almost everything on the menu and have not regretted any of my orders. The sushi is average though, nothing to special but it is good for the selection.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Since returning home 1.5 weeks early from a escorting my handicapped 84-year old mother on an overseas odyssey due to her suffering AMS in Lhasa (23JUL2014), which she completely recovered from and went onto her home in Lake Spring MO-USA, it was with great relief that I went to my wife & home in El PasoTX-USA. Of course, I'd spent the previous 50 days "eating out" most every meal, most eateries I can remember and all essential to continued survival while traveling. However, I do spend most of my time in El Paso and since I am a teacher, I eat out frequently. For me, the school year will begin quite soon, but I really enjoy the opportunity to dine out with my wife, such as we did last night.
Bamboo Kitchen is quickly becoming one of our preferred eateries; not only is it relatively close & easy for us to motor or bicycle to with excellent opening hours, the servings are delicious and the staff/service is friendly & helpful.
Just having been in China for a month, I felt a bit of culture shock at not seeing numerous chopsticks about. This is OK, because if your like me, my skill using those implements are not strong, even with all the practice I'd just had. In fact, I'd received compliments about having lost weight; I'm uncertain about that, but it is possible I simply ate less because I used chopsticks quite a bit and was unable to gorge myself like usual!
The next thing that staggered me was my usual drink--water on the rocks, aka water with LOTs of ice. The drink is not unusual--that is my favorite mixed drink and spent the previous two months drinking LOTs of bottled water. It is the fact that 1) I-we, everybody-can drink CLEAN, FRESH WATER out of the tap here (Thank you, El Paso Water Utilities!), often a rarity in certain locations around the World. Then, add to the fact that the cup/glass came chock full of crushed ICE! Just think about the immense amount of energy used to make that ice out of the clean fresh tap water. Now, add the immense guilt I feel because I simply couldn't consume it fast enough; the server kept refilling after politely asking if I wanted more. I'll NEVER turn down good cold water. [Likely because that made the difference in my being able to complete my 1300mile/2100km Trans-Texas biketour 11JUN-08JUL2011, when US Border Patrol agents Lily & Jay, while doing their job, investigated this guy (me) who was camped beside his Doublevision between US90 & the fence a few miles/km South of ValentineTX and refilled his water buffaloes with GREAT, cold freshwater!] Anyway, I felt bad because I left a half-glass of the essential elixir, hoping to make it home before requiring bladder relief.
Another facet of being here in the USA is portion size. Rather, I should say my own fear of starvation [Again, that goes back to my bike touring, which is always feast AND famine!] encouraged me to get as much as possible while paying the least. The Dinner Combo, specifically #1, Dinner Plate, $9.99, included two entree items (shrimp with garlic sauce & cashew nut/almond chicken for me), along with steamed or fried rice + 2 crab ran goons, was the obvious choice. But no waste here--a dog box was provided, and it'll be another excellent meal at home. What a great bargain!
Well, there you have it; I've stated my amazement at some obvious differences between the OVER-developed USA and other countries on our increasingly small planet. Is that the disparity which will eventually kill us all? Pardon me for getting all political and melodramatic; I'm still suffering jet lag/mild AMS/awe at being so spoiled, starting with the ice machines at the IAH hotel first night back earlier this week.
The real message here is Bamboo Kitchen is a fantastic eatery that provides superior service, food, and is an excellent choice for saving money while having an incredibly delicious meal. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The sushi is great with different kinds of rolls you might not have seen any where else. Their Chinese menu is also solid with large portions and great food. Get the cantaloupe boba if they have it when you go, it is so refreshing. Their new address is 9627 Sims Dr. I live in Ft Worth so I don't get to go as often as I would like. Everything is so fresh and the wait staff is incredible. They did something special for us because we had someone with a birthday, which I thought was really nice. Wish this was in my city.

1  Thank sandy m