“Sushi in El Paso? It Was Pretty Good and Worth a Visit”
Review of Sushi Zen

Sushi Zen
Ranked #184 of 1,622 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We were visiting in the area and stayed overnight in El Paso. My oldest son had been here before and said that there was a really good sushi restaurant in the area. Sushi in El Paso? Really? Ok...we gave it a try.

This is a place worth dining at. It's located in what looks to be a small shopping plaza and was within walking distance from our hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn.

The service was fast and friendly. The sushi was very good. The four of us had three of their speciality rolls and also sampled the seaweed salad and squid salad. We washed it all down with a large Sapporo Japanese beer. It hit the spot. My other son also had a salad which was loaded with fresh veggies and especially tasty and crispy fresh cucumbers.

I was skeptical because I have eaten a ton of sushi in my life and I am a bit of a sushi snob. I'd go back if I was in the area. The price was also very reasonable.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

As a student, I LOVE their lunch special! You get 3 items for only $10.95. I had their crab salad for the first time yesterday and it was delicious. As a sushi lover, they have good sushi that is affordable. The service at this location is also great. Overall, great experience at Sushi Zen. I will definitely go back for lunch.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

The sushi is very reasonably priced, fresh and delicious. Take out service on a Saturday during peak times is about 45 minutes but well worth the wait. Tiger, bunny, firecracker and storm are family favorites. They are fresh and spicy.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Vegetarians! Run, don't walk to Sushi Zen for the fried tofu and vegetables. So balanced, and sooo good.
The owner is an excellent Japanese chef.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

...but what I really didn't like was the flavor of seaweed that is often a main ingredient in Sushi. Sushi Zen features rice paper rather than seaweed on several of their Sushi entrees and what a difference that rice paper makes as opposed to seaweed! Started out the dinner with a nice and salty Miso Soup, then maybe the best Cucumber Salad I've ever had. It was tangy and spicy and the lettuce and cucumbers were fresh and crisp. For an appetizer we had the Shrimp Tempura and the portion is generous enough for 2-4 people. Nice sized shrimp with light crispy batter and plenty of tempura vegetables too! For the entree I chose the "Bunny Roll" which was filled with shrimp, avocado and cream cheese in rice paper and a lovely spicy sauce on top. It was to die for! Our service was excellent. The food arrived in a timely manner and our server made sure to keep our water/iced tea glasses filled. Left our server a 33% tip because quality is appreciated.