“OMG the grease....yuck”

Whataburger 656
Ranked #602 of 1,714 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Have tried this restaurant twice and that was our final time. To much grease for our taste. If you enjoy greasy hamburgers this is your kind of place.

Reviewed 2 December 2014

We have been to over 50 different Whataburgers in our travels, we always look for a Whataburger because you always get a hot delicious burger and great customer service. We stopped at this Whataburger about 10:30 AM and had to wait over 7 minutes for someone to take our order, many employees walked by us and never acknowledged us or stated we will be with you in a minute in English or Spanish. Finally an employee came from the back very angry to wait on us, she was mad because she had to wait on us. This is my first time in 18 years of going to a Whataburger that I had horrible customer service like this. Maybe the many other stores just spoiled me when ever I arrived at the restaurant with great customer service that over the last 18 years I just expect to waited on quickly and with a good attitude. The burger was delicious as always but the customer service needs work at this location.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Burgers and Fries! We went to a Whataburger in El Paso andwe had not been to a Whataburger before. It was good. Wh\

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Obviously, my preference for stopping is when going uphill, up Yarbrough Street, a major North-South Bicycling artery it's entire length, from Border Highway/Loop 375/Don Juan de Onate Highway to Montana Avenue/US62-180 (it is then renamed "Global Reach" a terrifying 3mile/5km connector to Spur601). This wonderful Whataburger is at the SW corner of Vista del Sol & Yarbrough and is a great stop going uphill. In fact, it is an essential stop after having pedaled the disastrous--and illegal--bike/ped shared sidewalk stretch between Gateway East & Vista del Sol (Even though the city spent buku $$ installing that, I NEVER use such a dangerous feature, unless I'm walking my Doublevision, which does happen sometimes albeit rarely).
Anyway, on this particular occasion, Friday, 01AUG2014, I had attended the El Paso MPO, perhaps one of the most dynamic and important public-access meetings which runs our most basic and essential infrastructure of TRANSPORTATION. Elated that Chair Perez asked me to speak, I gave a bit of damming bit of information concerning a bike rider that had passed me (that's not too difficult) while I was stopped at the red while going South on Yarbrough at Montwood. [That individual not only ran the red, but whipped across from the right lane while making a left turn, nearly getting hit by a motor vehicle (had he gotten creamed and survived, I would've testified against him) and proceeding to pedal the wrong way. Makes no difference how many bike lanes, signs, or rules exist, poor road users threaten everybody on the road, not just bicycles.]
Enough of my digression; this Whataburger is in the right place, with lots of good access for ALL vehicles, whether on Vista del Sol or Yarbrough or coming from the adjacent strip mall. Cashier Haydee greeted me with her warm smile and readiness to take my grilled chicken sandwich order. Waitress Miriam delivered that streaming hot needed nutritious sandwich with same smile, as well as offering condiments galore.
I couldn't believe that I was able to fill, and refill, my water bottle with sparkling clear ice & clean fresh water (thank you El Paso Water Utilities) from the open fountain. I had just spent 50 days overseas escorting my handicapped 84-year old mother, and so much ice was a rarity, much less drinkable tap water. I felt so incredibly spoiled! Not only with the luxury of ice & water, but the tremendous ease with which I could get delicious food and friendly service. My kind of place!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

WOW... What A Burger.. this place has great hamburgers & chicken items. So much better than McDonalds & Burger king. Wish we had them in CA. This location was fairly clean.. Drive-thru fast & friendly service. Had me a double with bacon & all the normal fixins on top... YUM..!!
also love their hot Lemon Pies