“Tasteless and Cold”

Ranked #77 of 1,681 Restaurants in El Paso
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Went to have Easter dinner, ordered the pick your two combinations, Walts Shrimp and Snow Crabs legs. Crabs legs were cold had to send them back. Received replaced cold crabs with hot ones buts got less then the original order. Requested a coca cola was told they were out of coca cola, how can a restaurant like Red Lobster be out of soda?? Anyone heard of petty cash???? to buy items they are out of??? Sister and my husband had the lobster bake and found the food tasteless. I ordered the chocolate wave with ice cream, was going to eat the ice cream at the restaurant and take the cake home. Ice cream came like soup, could not eat it. Asked waiter about and his response was things were not running well. I myself do not care to much for Red Lobster but my relatives do! How I wish for Joe's Crab Shack, now thats good seafood. Will be a while before I visit again if ever. I really do not know what is happening to the resturant business especially chain ones today. It's getting hard to find a good tasty place in todays world. Also salad was small considering the main food cost!!! Small salad swimming in dressing.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The husband and I have been frequenting El Paso Red Lobster for many years. There is usually some type of special, though I mainly just love sea food and Red Lobster satisfies the need.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

How do you run out of ingredients for the "New menu"?! When I received my food it seemed as though the shrimps and mash were left under the heating lamp waiting for my fish to cook. Disgusting! You could see the butter crusted onto the side and getting gelatin on the surface of the little plate holding the shrimps. The stuffed shrimps were so nasty! Texture was horrible and soggy. Very disappointed in this restaurant; employees wearing gages, massaging each other at a work place and seating people to tables that's dirty with crumbs and cleaning it while they've been seated!? UGH! Seeing the mist splatter on those other customers faces just made me lose my appetite even more. I will never return to this place!

1  Thank bobaz34
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stopped for lunch at the Red Lobster located in the Cielo Vista Mall parking lot and it turned out to be quite an experience.First off,it was about 2pm after the lunch rush and the restaurant appeared to only be about one third full so we were surprised that we did not get a table right away.There were also others waiting for tables in a nearly empty dining room.After about 5 minutes we were seated,brought our drinks and the orders were taken.It took anther 5 minutes for the salads to arrive-so far,so good.The food took almost 26 minutes to arrive which was another surprise considering the place was not busy.I ordered the Ultimate Feast which includes crab legs and this is where it gets ugly.I don't know if they separate the legs from the crab in house or if that is how they are purchased but upon looking at the cluster it appeared that there was lung tissue still stuck to it.Any seafood aficionado knows that eating the lungs will make you very ill so I pointed this out to the waiter who eventually brought out replacements.I requested to speak with the manager who finally made her way to the table after about 10 minutes.I pointed out the excess tissue still attached and explained to her that someone who was not as saavy about enjoying crab could easily end up eating what looked like lungs and end up very sick.I also suggested that the chef could possibly become more involved in quality control before the food leaves the kitchen.I did not asked to be comped a free meal but surprisingly she took it off the check and even threw in a free dessert which was very nice.Overall it turned out to be an enjoyable lunch but the lesson learned was inspect your seafood .

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I usually make my restaurant reviews primarily based on the food. The food at this location on the far east side of El Paso was typical Red Lobster, just like you'd find anywhere. It was "average" and what you would expect. My rating here is based on the experience.

This location is in a highly-populated area, with a lot of new business growth and expansion. The wife and I crave some seafood now and then since we're in the desert. My antenna went up immediately when we got to the restaurant. Other restaurants in the large shopping area were packed with diners, and the Red Lobster lot had lots of parking. We went inside, and there was a couple with a small child waiting on the bench by the Hostess. She greeted us, and we requested to be seated in the bar area to avoid noisy and crying children - it had been a long day. She said they weren't serving in the bar. There are maybe five booths in the bar with tableware. There was a bartender and no-one else - we usually encounter folks enjoying a happy-hour drink, but the whole area was vacant. Then the Hostess said it would be a 5-minute wait. I looked in the main restaurant area, and counted 12 empty tables in my view.

It took about 5-minutes to seat the couple that was waiting when we arrived, and we waited almost 10-minutes longer - they had to clean a table that someone just vacated rather than seat us at one of the many empty tables. My antenna was vibrating. When seated, it was another 5-minutes for the waitress to arrive and take our drink order. We ordered two brews from the bar, and waited, and waited. It took 15 minutes to get the drinks. In the interim, another group was seated in a table behind us. When she brought our drinks, she had a water jug and went to take the other table's drink order, then proceeded to take their dinner order also. She eventually came back to take our order. We had been seated for one hour, and had only been served the salad. We were talking of leaving and finding fast food when our order arrived. Fortunately it was hot and the meal acceptable.

while there, several waitstaff were wandering around slowly cleaning carpets and making table set-ups. We could only see three staff taking and serving food. It was like watching a bad movie in slow-motion. Nobody seemed angry, and apologies abounded for the wait time. All in all, it took 1-1/2 hour to eat in a nearly empty restaurant.

Obviously, there is a major problem with the Manager, or lack thereof. Whether they had a problem with the kitchen staff or just didn't care, the impression was dismal. We decided that we would not be returning to this particular establishment. If you want a L-E-I-S-U-R-E-L-Y meal, this is the place for you. For me, I'll pass.