“Tired? Need Energy? Go here!”
Review of Whataburger #565

Whataburger #565
Ranked #565 of 1,708 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I was approaching the end of the single "make-up" day (22MAR2013) for my truncated Spring Bike Tour (planned 15-22MAR2013, but cancelled upon discovery of Maxxis tire problem during the 2nd day, and I returned home to El Paso ever-so-carefully), which involved a 60-mile/96kms circular through San Elizario, Fabens, and back to El Paso on the shoulder of Westbound I-10. I exited the interstate at Avenue of the Americas (exit 34) because 32 was closed. It was one of the very few times I'd ever pedaled on the left-hand side of righthand roads because the threat of a cloverleaf pincher going underneath Loop 375(Avenue of the Americas) on the right seemed too difficult for a slow-moving vehicle like my Doublevision. Anyway, I made it to exit 32, turning North on Zaragoza/George Dieter, and soon turned to my right into my all-time favorite afternoon stop: WHATABURGER! I was salivating endlessly because I KNEW the delicious food and service that would shortly be me companion. Cashier Xochitl and server Roger more than fulfilled my expectation. True to my history, I thoroughly enjoyed a lengthy stay, especially since I'd no longer be fighting a sidewind/headwind and was only a few miles/kilometers from home. This is an extremely satisfying restaurant, with an exceptionally clean premises and friendly personnel. Highly recommended!