“great hotel in downtown el paso” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
Houston, Texas, United States
“great hotel in downtown el paso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

great hotel, price is about $85 a night. rooms are clean,staff very attentive. free shuttle to airport. the restaurant is decent. breakfast buffet is about $12.95. if you are on a tight budget and the $29 strip steak is too high or pricey at hotel, walk to Big Bun restaurant for burger ( about $10) and Luigi's pizza buffet( all you can eat for $8.96) close by.come early Luigi's closes at 7 PM, Big Bun is great for Lunch all burger or tacos cooked to order no microwave of pre made sandwiches.

Room Tip: choose early, all rooms quiet
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Arthur C
Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 17 December 2011
Thank you so much, Mr. C for writing a review for us. We look forward to having you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

Our 2 week, 2K journey around N.M., included two nights at this fabulous hotel. On the second to last leg, we went from Las Cruces to Carlsbad and the twisting, time-consuming but beautiful drive took much longer than expected, so instead of going North to Roswell, we opted to go South to El Paso, so that we could pick-up the I-25 North to ABQ. We did this with trepidation, as my husband was convinced that a city on the border of Ciudad Juarez was about the same as being there. Couldn't be further from the truth! Murders in a city of about 1M were 5 in 2010. El Paso is a beautiful city! Back to the hotel part, it was everything that you would expect from a Hilton most anywhere; excellent staff, a bit formal, easy check-in, everyone very polite. The room was large, clean and included everything that is expected from a four-star hotel; great beds, spacious bathroom/shower, large flat-screen t.v., desk, free Internet, newspaper, etc. We had an amazing view of both El Paso and the lights of Murder City at night. The downtown museums, both of history and art, are incredible. We walked around the Plaza, which was being decorated for Christmas and took a much longer walk to Mesa St. Bar and Grill, which was much shorter coming back, as it was mostly uphill there. Hotel offered free shuttle and we had a vehicle, but after all the driving and eating, the walk suited us perfectly. Had an excellent dinner at Fire, which I will separately review. If I ever found myself in El Paso again, I would stay here in a heartbeat. Thanks for the comfort!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review for us. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience what El Paso is all about.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Have stayed here several times on business and have always enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are newly finished with upgrades. Bathrooms, rooms have always been very clean, as is consistent with DT brand. The restaurant is good.
This is one of the best options if you are staying in downtown El Paso, but is slightly higher priced than other hotels.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the kind words. We appreciate you choosing our hotel to fill your business needs.
Lethbridge, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed here for one night while passing through El Paso. This place was bizarre ... checked in and was informed that their Hilton Honors system was down ... I am a member and had already entered my information when booking so didn't see how that could affect me.

Just before leaving the desk where I checked in, the woman told me there was free wifi available throught the hotel. We went to our room and found that the wifi wasn't working, after waiting for about an hour, I decided to call the front desk. However, I couldn't do that because the phones weren't working either.

So we went downtairs to have a drink but the lounge and dining room were completely vacant. We left and found a place to have food and drinks that was more lively. When we got back to the hotel we went to the lounge for a nightcap. We ordered two glasses of wine ... one red, one white ... the red one had obviously been opened and re-corked for a long time and it tasted horrible. After I sent it back, the bartender said he smelled it after I complained and he agreed it was old ... my question .. why didn't he smell it before he gave it to me? White wine was also horrible but not because it was old ... it was just crappy wine.

Finally, we decided to go up to the room and go to bed ... room 1307, (Sunday, November 6, 2011) and were kept awake half the night by the rattling coming from the HVAC duct every time the fan came on.

This is the worst property affiliated with the Hilton brand that I've stayed at ever. It's not that problems don't occur in all aspects of running an organization ...but how a person, or set of persons in a company responds is telling. My sense is that the staff we encounted at Doubletree had an entitlement mentality and were neither surprised nor concerned that we were experiencing service problems.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jovela
First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experiences you had while staying with us. I assure you that your review will be shared with the entire staff to ensure that another guest does not end up having the same issues that you did. I know that time has passed and its a little late for fixing the problems you had, so I took the liberty of locating your reservation and credited your card back for your stay. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at eric.jimenez@hilton.com. Thank you.
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Choices are slim for new hotels in Downtown El Paso for many reasons. But if you are looking for a fresh, well-kept property, pool bar, fine-dining and an adjacent Starbucks, this is your hotel. Be sure to go to the 17th floor to look out over Mexico (Juarez).

The room was traditional Hilton, excellent room service and very friendly people. One challenge was our meeting room, the service was very spotty and it took a few stern words to get it back on track. Other than that issue, it was a very nice stay for a week.

The hotel is central to the arts district and the convention center. You can walk to several museums, fine dining, and the Philharmonic.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Thank you for your review. Hopefully on your next visit, we can make it a flawless stay.