“Wendy's Wonderful, Whatever the Weather”
Review of Wendy's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wendy's
Ranked #559 of 1,647 Restaurants in El Paso
Reviewed 12 July 2016

This fine eatery became my desired destination for a luncheon after making a bit of a long pedal from my home on the Eastside, El PasoTX-USA. I had been asked to conduct a mid-afternoon bicycle safety presentation on 07JUL2016 at Burges Public Library in Northeast, and the weather has consistently been 100+F/40+C. This can be extremely deadly weather, specifically from heat stroke, so I cycled slowly over mostly decent roads, always stopping & resting while my mouth watered at the thought of a good meal. After standing my Doublevision outside the large plate-glass windows, I entered the cool interior, relieving my body from the task of constantly adjusting to the increasing heat. Also, it was time to eat!
The grilled chicken sandwich, large fries, and large iced tea was exactly what my body needed, along with the essential "eating in" air conditioned comfort. The staff were extremely professional & friendly--they also understood my needing to rest in the fine space. Naturally, I ate slowly, careful thorough chewing & digesting, without need to return outside, back into the heat-yet.
Part of this fine meal included a large iced tea, with emphasis on ice. My strategy was simple: the jumbo plastic cup not only provided me with delicious unsweetened tea, but it also gave me an important container. When I did depart the eatery to go a short ways North on Dyer to the library, I asked the cashier to refill the cup with only ice. When I arrived at the library, little ice remained but it was extremely well chilled clean freshwater--perfect for coping with heat while waiting to begin my presentation.
My past experience, especially when I pedaled through HoustonTX during Summer 2011 & 2012, I bought a drink-filled large plastic cup from one establishment. Thereafter, whenever I saw another similar-establishment, I'd be able to enter and refill the cup with only ice. It wasn't long before the ice was gone, leaving only frigid clean freshwater--truly the liquid needed to keep going!
Anyway, this Wendy's is a wonderful eatery, certainly gets my "Wheel of Approval"!