“Excellent!”

Samantha's Tap Room & Wood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Samantha's Tap Room & Wood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 853 Restaurants in Little Rock
Price range: US$12 - US$48
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Unable to schedule a reservation on Open Table which is on their website, so I called and got a table for two. Recommend getting a reservation by phone. Very nice, casual busy restaurant downtown. Our server was prompt and efficient and the food was outstanding! I had the special -- Idaho trout, and my husband had the lamb chops. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I love Samantha's! I've visited twice in the past two weeks-once with a girlfriend and once with my family. Both experiences were perfect. Food is always top notch and service can't be beat!! You must try the Parmesan Salsa as an appetizer. That stuff is amazing. We've tried several things on the menu and all have been delicious.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I visited this location twice this week while in town on business; both times were spent on the patio for dinner. The atmosphere is luxurious and nice; this would be a great date night venue. The design is on point too!

The Fried Green Tomato’s have their own chic finish and were tasty! The Chilean Sea Bass was DELICIOUS! Be aware, it’s quality over quantity though. Sides are a la Carte.

Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We had a reservation and even got seated early! Food was sooooo good!!!! Husband got the fish tacos and I had a salad but the grilled chicken was so good on top! We both got dessert! Key lime and a waffle dessert that was to die for!!!!! Our waiter was super informative and we enjoyed it for sure!!!! Can’t wait to visit LR so we can go back!!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Oh my goodness!!!! This place is beyond AWESOME! The atmosphere is so inviting whether you want to sit inside, outside or at the bar. The staff was simply amazing and if you’ve read my reviews before you know I’m HUGE on customer service!
I sat down at the bar and like 3 bar tenders attacked me asking me what I wanted to drink and providing a menu. I really “FELT THE LOVE!” Since I had dined here before, the bar tender took time to go over the menu and make his personal suggestions. I got an opportunity to sample a few types of beer and then made my selection.
Let me tell you, when an establishment is willing to make suggestions to make sure they get it right for you and to make sure you are satisfied, I will always return and won’t hesitate to spend my money here again!

Now on to my meal!!!!
Good Googly Moogly!!!!!!
I had the rib eye (my favorite cut of meat) with braised collards and and sautéed sugar snap peas! The collards were out of site and the snap peas while different I enjoyed them too. Oh and I had the grilled artichokes for an appetizer. I know I know ... I’m greedy!!! ‍♂️

Now let’s get to this here rib eye.

The chef... while I didn’t get to meet him/her I am making a personal trip back to this place to meet the person who’s hands prepared this dish (well I hope they will meet me). But my mom was a chef and I have always been biased to my moms ability to prepare, notice I didn’t say cook... a steak. It was like she was married to the meat, handling it with care, cutting the extra fat off that the butcher may have left on, just showing the meat some love ... well the chef at Samantha’s made me tear up because this one Rib Eye on this day reminded me so much of my moms style.

If you don’t have to add anything to a steak because it’s natural juices bring out the flavor, then that steak is the perfect steak to me. The seasons used on this steak sent my palate into overdrive. My mouth was like the finale of a fireworks on the Fourth of July. With every bite I didn’t know what to expect next. It took me so long to eat that steak because I didn’t want it to end and I was too embarrassed to order another one.

I will most certainly be back! This place is now my all time favorite. Way to go!
If you are ever in Little Rock and you are ready to eat lunch, dinner or just want to have drinks.... I’m telling you... STOP BY AND HAVE A MEAL. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Oh and when you do, tell em Drew sent ya!
Be Easy!