“Mercy Me!!!”

Samantha's Tap Room & Wood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Samantha's Tap Room & Wood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 819 Restaurants in Little Rock
Price range: US$12 - US$48
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Oh my goodness!!!! This place is beyond AWESOME! The atmosphere is so inviting whether you want to sit inside, outside or at the bar. The staff was simply amazing and if you’ve read my reviews before you know I’m HUGE on customer service!
I sat down at the bar and like 3 bar tenders attacked me asking me what I wanted to drink and providing a menu. I really “FELT THE LOVE!” Since I had dined here before, the bar tender took time to go over the menu and make his personal suggestions. I got an opportunity to sample a few types of beer and then made my selection.
Let me tell you, when an establishment is willing to make suggestions to make sure they get it right for you and to make sure you are satisfied, I will always return and won’t hesitate to spend my money here again!

Now on to my meal!!!!
Good Googly Moogly!!!!!!
I had the rib eye (my favorite cut of meat) with braised collards and and sautéed sugar snap peas! The collards were out of site and the snap peas while different I enjoyed them too. Oh and I had the grilled artichokes for an appetizer. I know I know ... I’m greedy!!! ‍♂️

Now let’s get to this here rib eye.

The chef... while I didn’t get to meet him/her I am making a personal trip back to this place to meet the person who’s hands prepared this dish (well I hope they will meet me). But my mom was a chef and I have always been biased to my moms ability to prepare, notice I didn’t say cook... a steak. It was like she was married to the meat, handling it with care, cutting the extra fat off that the butcher may have left on, just showing the meat some love ... well the chef at Samantha’s made me tear up because this one Rib Eye on this day reminded me so much of my moms style.

If you don’t have to add anything to a steak because it’s natural juices bring out the flavor, then that steak is the perfect steak to me. The seasons used on this steak sent my palate into overdrive. My mouth was like the finale of a fireworks on the Fourth of July. With every bite I didn’t know what to expect next. It took me so long to eat that steak because I didn’t want it to end and I was too embarrassed to order another one.

I will most certainly be back! This place is now my all time favorite. Way to go!
If you are ever in Little Rock and you are ready to eat lunch, dinner or just want to have drinks.... I’m telling you... STOP BY AND HAVE A MEAL. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! Oh and when you do, tell em Drew sent ya!
Be Easy!
Drew✌

1  Thank Drew_Fellers

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Found it was a very busy night even on a Monday night but I was in Little Rock on business alone so I stopped in and was able to sit at the bar. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was amazing and they have a great selection of local beers to choose from. Look forward to going back and trying another dish.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We visited with teens. Although they were the only "kids" in the restaurant, no one batted an eye. The food and service was excellent. Upscale, so portions are not huge; and prices are not tiny. But, being from a larger city where restaurants can be very pricey, we felt that it was still a good value for the quality. I actually tried the Quail and really liked it. Others in our group played it safe with filet mignon and traditional dishes, but all were good. Desserts were amazing!!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner & the food was amazing! I had the salmon salad & seasonal soup (mushroom soup) and my husband tried quail. Everything tasted amazing and there was fast & great service in a nice atmosphere. I would recommended this restaurant to anyone! Average price, but worth paying for this amazing food!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Had an extremely enjoyable business meal here. Not to loud for conversation and plenty of space. Our party of 10 was worked in faster than expected. Food was on point on the service was top notch!