“Great Save Chef Mike”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beechwood
Reviewed 29 February 2016

We travel to Little Rock every third weekend to get a hotel and keep our Grandson downtown. That of course entails dining out. When we pass him back to his Mama on Sundays, we go to Afterthought Bistro/Vieux Carre. We hit an unusual bump in the road on our last visit. I think our server was new and didn't turn in our Brunch order. Executive Chef Mike checked on us several times and refreshed our Mimosa and Bloody Mary. After about an hour, I told him, "I don't think our server turned in our ticket. They went to work. Indeed she had not. Quickly after, our food arrived and as usual, was delicious. Chef Mike comped our brunch. Going back in two weeks.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

I have always love the Afterthought and I eat on every visit,but this last visit hit me for a loop.I ordered the Bacon Cheddar Hambuger,well it was covered with so much lettuce, onions,tomatoes, leaf spinach and pickles I could have made a small salad.When I finally found the Hambuger under all the topping and it was a big round charred meatball looking thing.Even after I cut it in half it was to hard to eat.The band was great,but no more hamburgers for me at Afterthought ......

Reviewed 19 September 2014

We ate dinner at The Afterthought Bistro and Bar last night, for the first time since the ownership changed. It was great. We had the Ahi Tuna and the Chicken Gnocchi, which were both superbly prepared, great presentation and some of the best food I've had in Little Rock in a long time. The bar areas was crowded, but the restaurant was not. No wait, you could hear your conversation, but not those of your neighbors, perfect for our family!!!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

RELAXED NICE QUIET SPOT IN THE HIEGHTS\HILLCREST NEIGHBORHOOD
wonderful wine list and cocktails are wonderful
FAVORITE entrees :SHRIMP &GRITS
FAV sandwich: steak sandwich with homemade fresh made to order pot chips
FAVsoup: tomatoe basil bisque
FAV salad: seared tuna salad

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Finally tried it again and was very pleasantly surprised by good food and wonderful service
Lunch menu is extensive
Atmosphere is a step up from
most places