10,275 results
All reviewsgrand central stationcozy queennew yorktimes squaremadison avenuelobby barrockefeller centerhotel is in a great locationempire statefew blocksnycmidtownsubwaystarbucksbroadwayjfk
Reviewed 19 May 2018

I've been here many times over the last few years. This hotel is older, so the rooms are dated and kind of small, but you cannot beat the location. Walking distance to most of the midtown attractions, Times Square is right down the street.

Room Tip: The elevators are slow, pick a lower floor to minimize the time you spend waiting for elevators, stairs are also a option.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Scott B
Guest Relations... M, Guest Relations Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you Scott B, for your continued loyalty to us. It is our pleasure having you with us, and we are already looking forward to your next visit!

Thanks for once again choosing The Roosevelt Hotel!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this wonderful hotel many years ago and when going back to New York we decided to stay here again. I looked at the reviews on trip advisor and thought that this couldn't be the hotel we had previously stayed in and decided to book it.
Well, we were so disappointed. On arriving at the front of the hotel there was no one there to help us with our bags, the front foyer, which use to be a beautiful focal point was dull, dreary and disappointing. There was no wait at check in as we were late getting into New York. There are 6 elevators in this hotel and I only ever seen 3 of them working. There were big queues at all times of the day which was was very frustrating.
Our room was also very disappointing. They are in need of an upgrade. The bathroom was terrible. It was so small you could hardly turn around. The toilet cistern was not attached to the wall and was leaning towards the toilet seat. The shelf where the toiletries were kept was also leanings downward. You couldn't put anything on it as items would fall off. The shower head was not connected to the wall, you could move it in and out. The shower itself was not clean and the water took a while to go down the trap. Then you would get a dirty water smell. There was wallpaper on the wall of the bathroom and it had never been washed down and you could see the dust and mould on it.

There was free wifi in the lobby but this was only for a small amount of time and it was another 24 hours before you could use it again. Otherwise you have to purchase wifi at $20 per day with up to 4 devices allowed. I think this is daylight robbery! Any other hotel we have stayed in gives it for free...

We were so disappointed that this hotel has been allowed to get so dilapated. It's in a wonderful location to Grand Central Station, Fifth Avenue, Times Square and much more . Would we stay here again in its current condition? No definitely not.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WeeEileen

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.As the happiness and comfort of our guests here at our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry we fell short of your and our expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with all management teams in an effort to improve our service. Renovation plans are in the works, and we are truly excited to show our guests.

We hope you will give us another chance and choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to NYC. We appreciate you being our guest!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Hi, let me start of by saying this hotel is a favourite of mine and my husband, we have been 3 times to nyc this was again our first choice of hotel , actually paid more for our trip so could stay in the Roosevelt, same star hotels was a lot cheaper. This trip was for my husbands birthday and my 40th as we only visited before in jan, as we got married here that time of year, so a summer visit we couldn’t wait, arrived at 6pm ish, to be given our room key.. (we had paid extra for a king size bed) wen we walked in to the room I could have cried, it was a box room with a queen size bed?!! The bathroom was awful the shower was not on the wall , and wen we looked out the window, it was just cigarette buts and rubbish, looks like where staff smoked, or people did out of windows and threw it out, will attach pics, so on my husband going to see desk, we was told no bigger beds tonight we are full, which my husband said we paid for a king size as my wife has bad legs, was told nothing they could do, but would change us the day after, after the worse nights sleep, as yes we know it’s nyc so is loud but this room
Was next to lifts, and all we could here all night was walkie talkies, on the next day we took our luggage to bell man, as had to leave the room?! And went out for the day, my birthday trip to the Bronx zoo, wen we got back, they had given us anther room, we was so pleased bigger bed, on the 15th floor... we just unpacked again, went to put our things in the safe... broken we called front desk who sent someone up, I believe a man from security called bob? Knowing my husband that’s wrong! He came Said nope it’s totally broken. Have you guys just arrived, no this is our second room, he said let me see what I can do.. this is where it turned round after packing again, we went to our new room.. on arriving we found he had upgraded us to like a king size room with huge bathroom, separate shower was brilliant, so to that man thank you ever so much, third time lucky, the lifts at the min are so hit and miss, but not enough to bother your trip, the lobby is still breathtaking, but I have to admit I was very disheartened by my favourite nyc hotel. Maybe I’m being too picky as things was sorted in the end, but we had paid for that room.. how could it not be available?? The staff here are lovely , but would I stay here again??? I’m afraid I don’t know.. I’m back again in jan 2019 ... do I book my favourite nyc hotel? And risk it or change hotels?? Roosevelt I love this place and it will always hold a special place in my heart as got married here.. but I think maybe it’s time for us to try else where.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steeler-stace
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

From photos online this hotel looks lovely! Three nice bars and restaurants and a lovey lobby. I assume the pictures were taken 10 years ago.

The hotel is hopping with people as a major tourist hotel I assume because of its proximity to Time Square. But beware that this creates all kinds of issues. The elevators - even though there are six - are so packed every day. Especially during check out times. Luckily I was on the 17th floor so going down they start at the top. We however stop at every other floor on the way down. Give yourself 10 minutes to wait for the elevators and ten minutes down.

The room was fine. Just fine. There was no mini bar or snacks or even a bottle of water. The bathroom was old and in need of renovation. Hot water took ten minutes to get hot.

The bars are better however there is no take out food nor is there room service! What? Trying to find a seat in the bar was almost impossible. I had to wait until last 830 to get a seat at the bar for dinner. One of the bartenders, Anthony, was nice and personable.

If you have another option of a hotel i would pick it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank mfholland71

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception-- Renovations are in the works, and we are excited to share that with our guests! Hope to host you again soon.

Thank you for choosing The Roosevelt Hotel.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We had too many minor blips, some of which were put right by offering free breakfast, it got rather frustrating.
No tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
A rather grand old lady who has been allowed to get quite tired.
The reception staff are perhaps the rudest I have ever come across.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christina120514

We appreciate your feedback and also outlining some area opportunities for us to improve upon. We hope that should your travels bring you back our direction that you give us another try so that we may strive to get that five "5" as that is always our goal.

Thank you for choosing The Roosevelt Hotel.