8,035 results
All reviews times square pigalle restaurant great location food emporium fire station new york fridge and microwave central park attached restaurant around the corner the theater district within walking distance restaurant row street noise hell's kitchen higher floor would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Although the location is convenient, the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. We booked it and planned a birthday celebration on the rooftop, only to find out it wasn't open and they didn't have any idea why (run by someone else) nor offer any apologies for advertising it falsely. I had to call twice for customer service over unauthorized charges for incidentals and they are rude and unhelpful. I still don't have my money back from this hotel. Good thing the rate was low. Now I see why.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kristenesq
LauraMaldonado, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Good day kristenesq,

Although there is never a second chance to make a great first impression. I want to take a moment to apologize for your overall experience while staying at our hotel.

First, I think it’s important to wish you a happy birthday from the team! A birthday in the Big Apple is sure to be full of adventure and wonderful memories. I can understand your disappointment when XVI, our rooftop bar, was closed. In the future, please call us in advance and we will be glad to make arrangements for you.

In regards to the charges in your account, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to review with you. I will be happy to make the necessary change and make it right by you.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future and having an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

With kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Director of Guest Experience
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com

Reviewed 30 September 2012

First time stay in NYC can be intimidating, this was a comfortable location with a grocery store next door, drug store 1 block, great places to eat and a neighborhood with a very safe feel to it. Close walk to Time Square. The staff was friendly and helpful and Charles the conciere saved us from a very stressful moment while turning our car into the parking garage attendants and leading us to our room. Big thanks Charles!

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed here 7 nights...and the service from check-in to check-out was excellent. Housekeeping staff, doormen, or whoever we ran into from the hotel were always smiling, friendly and wanting to know how our stay was going. The room itself was clean and comfortable and for Manhattan I think on the larger size. The microwave and fridge in the room is a big bonus. It's obvious that the hotel prides itself on service and taking care of the customer. Kudos to Joannne Butcher and the entire staff.

Room Tip: Corner "evolution" room was great...
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Hotel was great..location wonderful..rooms small but durable..Staff very friendly and always willing to help...Charles was WONDERFUL...Always a smile on his face and so funny at times. We just love him..He deserves a BIG FAT RAISE. We are coming back next month..We will certainly stop in and say hello to Charles..He is a real GEM...Linda Maher

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This hotel was amazing. The location is great, just a few blocks from Times Square depending on where you want to go. It's in midtown Manhattan so it's not far from all the other attractions and sights New York has to offer. It has convenient access to the subway across the street and most attractions and shops are at a walkable distance. It is a bit pricey though, but I guess you can say that of most hotels in the city.

The hotel is located on a busy avenue, but we only noticed this when we were outside. We had a room on a high floor that overlooked the avenue but never had any noise complaints... in fact it was really quiet! Room was much bigger than I expected for New York standards. I'm used to fairly small rooms that overlook bricks from the building next door so this was a nice change :)

Breakfast was great and took place in the adjacent restaurant. You could order a la carte but we mostly chose to use the buffet. Had all sorts of warm and cold dishes, fruit was really nice. Breakfast was free for us because I'm a gold member, I'm not sure how much it is when you aren't but I guess it's somewhere between $15 and $20 per person.

1  Thank sizzlingjordi