7,952 results
All reviewstimes squarepigalle restaurantgreat locationfood emporiumfire stationnew yorkfridge and microwaveattached restaurantcentral parkaround the cornerthe theater districtwithin walking distancerestaurant rowstreet noisehell's kitchenhigher floorwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed here and did all of the tourist sites and a couple broadway shows with our kids. There were 5 of us, but the room was spacious enough for our younger one to sleep on the floor..we had brought some "bedding materials" at a walmart upstate....they would not allow a cot or rollaway. Included refrigerator, which was nice for cold drinks and leftovers from restaurant meals. Staff was very accommodating with extra breakfast coupons, towels, etc. Would definitely stay here again. I did have a high floor, and we faced the back, which probably is important so that there is less noise.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank norzee
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary in NYC during June, 2012. After staying near Rockefeller center during our last visit, we wanted to stay closer to Time Square this time. The Hilton Garden Inn at 48th and 8th exceeded my expectations in all aspects. This hotel is only 1 block from Time Square and the value can't be beat. Our room on the 10th floor (King Bed) was roomy, had a refrigerator and over 40 channels in HD. We parked the car next door (garage at 49th and 8th - $30 per day) and the bellhop helped take our bags right from the garage and delivered them to our room. The bed was comfortable and the wire/wireless internet connection worked flawlessly. The best part of this hotel was how FRIENDLY and PROFESSIONAL the entire staff was. This is not something you find a lot of in Manhattan. Again, compared to other hotels near Time Square, I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn and will return on our next visit to NYC.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed here back in November, had a great time in New York. We had a standard King room here, it was very spacious by NY standards. Comfy bed, great bathroom and shower. Had coffee making facilities and a small fridge which came in handy. Lifts were fast. Staff were great, professional and friendly. Computers and printers were available in the Reception area. Free Starbucks coffee was provided in the Reception area each morning. We used to be out by 8am to make the most of our stay so it was nice having a coffee to go.
The hotel has a restaurant next door, Pigalles. We didn't use it but it always seemed busy.
The location is first rate, just a few minutes walk to Times Square.
Found a great dive bar, Rudy's, in the Hells Kitchen area just a few blocks from the hotel. Very cheap, think it was about $7 for a pitcher of beer.
We look forward to returning to New York, and this hotel, very soon!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My wife and I stayed only two nights on a pleasure trip to NYC and enjoyed every minute. Our room was large, clean and in perfect condition. The staff, particularly Charlie, were helpful and professional. Don't be fooled by the reasonable rates, this is a first class operation in every way.

Room Tip: Street side rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ronpegb
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Nice hotel for a New York visit. The place is not fancy, but is clean and very well located. Staff was hospitipable, and check-in and check-out smooth and efficient. The price was reasonable (for New York), and, when I had to leave a day early, they were very cooperative when they charged me a $50 penalty when they could have charged me the full cost of $250. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family