“Good hotel in a great location. Rooms can be a bit small. Good bar & restaurant.”

Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #52 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here in Feb / Mar 2012. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms can be a bit small / dark but the bar & location make up for it.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank ByrneA34

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Finnish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Just back from a weeks stay in this hotel and cannot fault the place! The room was excellent (a 2 queen bed room), staff were very helpful and courteous and the location is brilliant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Louise M
Syracuse
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have stayed at the both of the Fitzpatrick Hotels in NYC and have been consistently very happy with the accommodations. My husband and I stayed at the the Fitzpatrick Grand Central last week. The rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and helpful and the location is convenient to restaurants, shopping and transportation. I love both of the NYC hotels! I will continue to stay at the Fitzpatrick Grand Central or the Fitzpatrick Manhatten any time I come to NYC.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay at this hotel. Our room was huge, beautiful and well-appointed, and had an enormous walk in shower in the bathroom. The location was also perfect if you are going in and out of Grand Central Station.

The food in the restaurant (brunch) was mediocre and overpriced. There are lots of better options close by.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klsrd
Cannes, France
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The major asset of this establishment is that it sits right over one of New York's historical sites: Grand Central Station, which wrote railroad history. For me this was most important, since I had come in coast to coast in the evening and going to visit old friends lin Darien, Connecticut. Tired from the long flight, I checked in and was given a heavy room key for the 7th floor, where I experienced an episode which still makes me laugh. As I inserted my key, the lock wouldn't open. I retried with more vigor this time and heard an anxious male voice ask:"what's this ?" " you are in my room" I replied." No, this is my room, get off my back", the angry voice came back.I prepared myself to descend on the receptionist to ask why he gave me an occupied room, but in the lift it dawned to me, I could have made a mistake, being tired and absent minded , which brought me back to base, where the door opposite opened without resistance. I didn't dare waking up my irrate neighbor to apologize. The rooms are a little oldish but in good taste after succesful and regular restorations. The bed was king size and comfortable and all of it, including the bathroom kept clean In the morning it took me no more than 10 minutes to make a train to Connecticut..

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo