6,398 results
All reviews upper west side central park red farm serafina restaurant great location beacon theater new york museum of natural history lobby bar lincoln center two blocks comfortable bed brick wall hudson river nyc hotel subway station rooms are small
997 - 1,002 of 6,398 reviews
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Great hotel, specially if you go to see the American Museum of Natural History. Very friendly staff, nice bar downstairs, life music in the evenings. Very clean and practical rooms. If you are looking for good views take the upper floor. Today Ramona at reception deck solved one small problem for me in very efficient and cordial way. Thank you guys!

Room Tip: The rooms looking at 77st are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Connie W, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Boris M,

Pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying in the Upper West Side. Happy that you had a chance to check out our LIVE @ LOCL series. Thank you for acknowledging Ramona's professionalism. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in New York.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I returned to this hotel after sampling a few hotels in the neighborhood. I still like this hotel best, both for its cleanliness, wood floors, comfortable bed, quiet air conditioning and superb location. Since one gets prompted for upgrading at a discount, I decided to upgrade to a bigger suite with a view. Unfortunately I ended up with a room which was even less furnished (no chair, no desk) and the same size as what I had before. Granted there was a window and I was no longer "walled in", there was no way the room was over 300 sq ft as advertised in the upgrade. Upon complaint to management, however, I was moved to a bright and spacious room the next day which I was very happy with. Just be sure you're aware of what you are upgrading to if you decide to upgrade. I need to travel to the upper west side frequently over the next few years and intend to keep returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank redmonkey
Connie W, General Manager at NYLO New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear redmonkey,

We're proud that we have become your favorite hotel in the neighborhood. It means a lot coming from a seasoned traveler. I'd like to apologize though we fell short with your original upgrade but I'm pleased we are able to find you room a more suitable room. We eagerly await your next trip.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

clean room in a great location. lot's to do around there and it's so close to the subway. Got a free welcome drink which was a nice add on. I do wish the lobby were brighter. It makes a sort of unwelcoming feeling. One elevator which wasn't working in the evening was quickly repaired. I liked that. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear 154golfer,

Great that you loved staying in the Upper West Side. We're fortunate to have much to do nearby. Sorry to hear that the lobby felt a bit unwelcoming for you, but happy that you enjoyed your welcome drink. Pleased that you had a good experience and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We visited New York City for the first time and stayed at the NYLO. It was a great experience and a wonderful location. It was walking distance to Central Park and Riverside Park on the Hudson River. We recommend the NYLO to anyone.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear trebor440,

So happy that we played host for your first visit to New York City. Pleased that you had a great experience with us and were able to explore both Central Park and Riverside Park. They are both extraordinary. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll stay with us again for your second trip to the city!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

like the NYLO very much. This was another enjoyable stay at this very convenient location. Everything is around - subway lines, buses, cabs, food establishments and other necessities. I enjoyed the breakfast at Serafina and the complimentary drink in the lobby in the evening. Thanks also for the bottled water

Room Tip: The room was large but with two double beds it felt a little cramped. Would have preferred one double bed (or a queen) with a small round table (kind of bistro table) and a comfortable chair/armchair to read when one wants to leave the fun energetic lobby to read quietly
Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Shoshanah S,

We're proud to have earned your loyalty. Thanks for sharing everything you enjoy about staying with us in the Upper West Side. Happy that you enjoyed Serafina and the complimentary drink at LOCL. We are looking forward to your next visit.